IGNORED

Spring trout stocking schedule announced today

Bucksnbows

Last year was a blast. I got out with my daughter on quite a few trips and she had a blast. It still baffles me that the state has been stocking the way they do. Letting guys rape the bridges at 5pm and god forbid the guy that works all week can come out on a Sunday and catch some fish.  I know it’s been like that forever but enough is enough. Stock the same amount of fish and don’t announce the days. Only the week of. If the state would do that and go back to stocking browns and brookies again it would be A+ in my opinion. 

8 hours ago, Kype said:

im happy with the way it works. i use april for fish and take. so i can make my delicious trout style crab cakes with sirachi mayo and then i catch and release from mid may until dec because i enjoy fishing for trout. 

How about sharing that recipe?!

I like that the state called an audible last year to allow the season to open. However, now that we are a year into this nonsense, bring back the way it was with a traditional opener to bring us back to some sense of normalcy.  People are getting shots, most fishing is with household members or spaced out. Also it’s OUTSIDE. Dilution is the solution to pollution. 

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

1 hour ago, Bucndoe said:

I like that the state called an audible last year to allow the season to open. However, now that we are a year into this nonsense, bring back the way it was with a traditional opener to bring us back to some sense of normalcy.  People are getting shots, most fishing is with household members or spaced out. Also it’s OUTSIDE. Dilution is the solution to pollution. 

The reason they are doing this has nothing to do with Covid and anglers, it is because the hatchery drivers and helpers need to sit next to each other in trucks all day long, and that is a Covid risk to them.  It has nothing to do with the anglers getting Covid from each other.  And the shots are just for group 1 right now.  Most of us are in group 2.  And there is still very much a traditional opener.  It's just that more water than just special regulations waters will be open before the traditional opener.  

4 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

The reason they are doing this has nothing to do with Covid and anglers, it is because the hatchery drivers and helpers need to sit next to each other in trucks all day long, and that is a Covid risk to them.  It has nothing to do with the anglers getting Covid from each other.  And the shots are just for group 1 right now.  Most of us are in group 2.  And there is still very much a traditional opener.  It's just that more water than just special regulations waters will be open before the traditional opener.  

Bottom line is it's Covid related. Doesn't matter if it's at the front of the supply chain or at the back end when the supply is being harvested

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

44 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Bottom line is it's Covid related. Doesn't matter if it's at the front of the supply chain or at the back end when the supply is being harvested

I completely agree with you, but you are saying they should go back to the good old days now as in this year.  We are a year away from whatever the new normal will be when it comes to trout stocking.  I hate stocked trout with a burning passion, but since we have to live with them here in NJ, at least they are dumping them all at once which overwhelms the fish in the bridge holes and forces them to spread out, mostly downstream.  So instead of 90% of all trout sitting in a stocking bridge hole at 5pm on spring stocking days, now the fish are spread up and down stream.  Again, most stocked trout head downstream and we know that from telemetry studies.  

1 hour ago, toxo said:

When they do this shitty stocking they should put most or the fish in our Lakes to give them a chance to survive.

They can't be to concerned about Covid,they are hiring people!

Most of the lakes they do stock trout cannot hold them over year round.  Many of the streams and rivers can.  Plus, trout are a coldwater species that mainly live in running water, certain man made ponds and lakes being the exception.

And I'm not sure what hiring people has to do with Covid?  Hiring employees doesn't mean placing them within 3 feet of each other all day in an enclosed truck cab.  That's the biggest issue with stocking, the deliveries by staff.