IGNORED

Flu Shot Failure

Rusty

2 hours ago, deadonshot2 said:

20% is better than zero percent. If you dont believe in flu shots dont get one. No big deal. But your drama as usual is getting kind of old. Vaccinations are controversial also. Vaccinations have been debunked as a cause of autism. Yet there are many unexplained cases linking vaccinations to autism. One such case is my wifes cousin. Her son was a normal functioning kid. Speaking sentences, laughing, etc. He got a round of vacines and days later was a totally different person. He was diagnosed with autism. My wifes cousin did a lot of research and uncovered a lot about autism and vacines. So they could be lying about safety of vacines. But without everyone getting vaccinated we would have deadly virus spreading around the country like there are in other countries. So it may be the same with the flu. Many more people vould die without millions of flu shots given.  We will never know 100% of the truth. But thank you for replying with your usual opposing viewpoint you feel compelled to share with me. Lol

Do you think if 1000 people did not get flu vaccine 20% would not get the flu? For sure much higher % would not get it and that’s that’s how effective it really is. 
how do you even go from flu vaccine to argue other vaccines have problems associated with them, after in previous post implying we can not stop vaccination, is just a classic you.

like you said, if you believe in it keep gettin injected every, if nothing else is good for economy

Edited by Lunatic

33 minutes ago, BHC said:

99.99% of all of you don't work in the field where you come into contact with the flu or other deadly diseases....every January myself and others I work with must get a TB test, when i  got hired i had to get the series of hepatitis shots and it's still practice today. Most people think they had the flu cause they are weekend doctors,  and i was one of them, until Christmas 2018 when i was so sick my wife took me to the ER and i was diagnosed with the flu, it was to late for any of the medications to subside the symptoms so I had to ride it out,  I will never go thru that again or at least have a chance. I got the flu shot in mid October  I never got sick from it, and I have been exposed to the flu this year and haven't gotten sick where as 7 people I work with who didn't get the shot actually contracted the flu. Vaccines of all kinds work, maybe not 100% but any percentage is better then none. I wished I had gotten the chickenpox vaccine,  I was exposed to it 4 times as a child never got it, but at the age 41 I got it, I was in quarantine for 3 weeks in the hospital,  came down with 85% kidney failure,  it was bad. Summer of 2019 i got the measles vaccine, I had it as a baby like all of us but I wanted added protection.  Damn people if you have health insurance vaccines are FREE, doctors office or pharmacy....

Your argument is good and I understand your concerns. However, even people making the vaccine and people telling you to get it, tell us it is not effective. That’s the reality. Unfortunately you have to make a decision to get injected or not, every single year, knowing the probability of it working is very, very slim, and not knowing what 20 or 30 years of injections will do to your body in a long run. 

1 minute ago, Lunatic said:

Your argument is good and I understand your concerns. However, even people making the vaccine and people telling you to get it, tell us it is not effective. That’s the reality. Unfortunately you have to make a decision to get injected or not, every single year, knowing the probability of it working is very, very slim, and not knowing what 20 or 30 years of injections will do to your body in a long run. 

Really,  20/30 years it MAY cause health issues? Dude breathing in NJ air can and has caused health issues but do you go around wearing  respirator? Little paranoid are we.....vaccines aren't 100% , but any % that gives you a chance is better then nothing. 

7 minutes ago, BHC said:

Really,  20/30 years it MAY cause health issues? Dude breathing in NJ air can and has caused health issues but do you go around wearing  respirator? Little paranoid are we.....vaccines aren't 100% , but any % that gives you a chance is better then nothing. 

Who am I to argue with you if you are at ease getting it and you think the reward justifies the risk?

I always find that you will always get the best advice off of someone that is making money off of a product next from those brainwashed by the industry pushing such products that are tested on a limited amount of people for a short amount of time. its entertaining  watching all those infomercials on medicines and all that they do then at the end all the possible side effects that can kill you..:shakehead:  if your comfortable with it thats great but I bet in the next ten years you will be seeing how doctors have been wrong on many things not because they are bad doctors but because of the training they receive is is flawed and in many cases aimed at making pharmaceutical companies money..

Edited by buckhound

I never used to get the flu shot, till my new hot female doctor recommended it!!  Lol.

She said since we have lil ones running around n they are lil puff balls of germ spreaders like Pig Pen from Snoopy n Charlie Brown's gang!!

She said there are many strains of the flu but about 3 strains usually have the highest frequency....n the flu shot is a gamble at hitting the strain that will be most prevalent. 

I got the shot last year n the wifey didnt....she got the flu n was laid up for 3-4 days.....I got a bit of it too soon after but was only knocked down for 1 day. 

Make your own choice.....I just do what my hot doctor tells me to do!!!

Could be worse.....like China with the Wuhan pandemic....leaving 35 million people on lockdown n cities shut down!!

51 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Do you think if 1000 people did not get flu vaccine 20% would not get the flu? For sure much higher % would not get it and that’s that’s how effective it really is. 
how do you even go from flu vaccine to argue other vaccines have problems associated with them, after in previous post implying we can not stop vaccination, is just a classic you.

like you said, if you believe in it keep gettin injected every, if nothing else is good for economy

First, i have never gotten a flu shot. Does not mean that 20% chance of catching something that can kill you is not better than zero percent.  As far as vaccinations go, you stated how effective they are at combstting thosr viruses. Unfortunately the flu comes in many strains and is not as easy as a measles vacine to treat. I metely stated 20% for those who are at higher risk is better than zero. But in either case whether it be flu or vaccinations it does not take a brain surgeon and even your narrow mind should be able to understand that less flu shots and less people vaccinated wiuld lead to higher rates of illness and probably deaths. 

3 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

I never used to get the flu shot, till my new hot female doctor recommended it!!  Lol.

She said since we have lil ones running around n they are lil puff balls of germ spreaders like Pig Pen from Snoopy n Charlie Brown's gang!!

She said there are many strains of the flu but about 3 strains usually have the highest frequency....n the flu shot is a gamble at hitting the strain that will be most prevalent. 

I got the shot last year n the wifey didnt....she got the flu n was laid up for 3-4 days.....I got a bit of it too soon after but was only knocked down for 1 day. 

Make your own choice.....I just do what my hot doctor tells me to do!!!

Could be worse.....like China with the Wuhan pandemic....leaving 35 million people on lockdown n cities shut down!!

Any photos of your doctor?

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

17 hours ago, Rusty said:

People are dropping like flies at school and most of them had gotten the flu shot.  Apparently this year's flu shot is ineffective against the strain of flu that is currently going around.    

so since you :stirring: with this , :rofl:   what say you ?

Based on some of this logic, these would also make sense... "I haven't worn my seat belt for the last 30 years and haven't gotten killed in a car accident so I will continue to not wear a seat belt"  or "20% of fatal accidents were with people wearing seat belts so seat belts aren't effective". 

I don't think the pharmaceutical companies are particularly excited to make $15 off a flu shot or whatever they make.  Also, arguably the most money hungry entities out there are health insurers so why in hell would they spend the money to provide for free flu shots if they thought it would not reduce sickness (aka future Dr and prescription expenses) and actually increase sicknesses, again increasing expenses for them.  One hospital visit for a flu patient could easily cost the insurance company more than 100 flu shots.   A long term issue caused by a vaccine could cost them the equivalent of thousands and thousands of shots.

Edited by MikeStaten

9 hours ago, deadonshot2 said:

Vaccinations have been debunked as a cause of autism. 

What are you saying here, that the claim that vaccines cause autism has been debunked? I'm just clarifying because the wording almost sounds like you are saying vaccines have been debunked ie they aren't necessary and they can cause autism.

If you have a compromised immune system or work in a place where a lot of sick people congregate, such as a hospital or doctor's office, the flu shot is probably not a terrible idea. The average person doesn't need it but like everything these days it's all about using FUD to drive consumption. 

7 hours ago, MikeStaten said:

Think I will stick with what doctors recommend as opposed to recommendations from a hunting site.  

I'd actually run away from what doctors recommend.  They know virtually nothing about health, fitness, mental health,  nutrition or overall wellness.  They get paid because you're sick or unwell