IGNORED

Flu Shot Failure

Rusty

7 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

It makes sense and it’s very regional. If it wasn’t then 1 vaccine would work everywhere. 
However, we are not talking about one vaccine a cure of all  

we are talking about the likelihood of being exposed to the “right” strain in your area vs strain design by some scientists to cover huge geographical area. 

I agree that on a yearly basis it is regional but I don't agree that a particular region only gets exposed to the same strain year after year. Even if it did what about all the people who travel or move? 

7 minutes ago, newjerseyhunter said:

I agree that on a yearly basis it is regional but I don't agree that a particular region only gets exposed to the same strain year after year. Even if it did what about all the people who travel or move? 

I never said it’s the same strain year after year, although not all strains mutate, or mutate with same frequency. I only said the likelihood of being exposed to the “right” strain is greater when exposure is natural  in the area you live in. 

11 hours ago, newjerseyhunter said:

I love this policy. Treehouse Radiant going down nicely right now. 

Watch out! LOL. While I agree the flu vaccine is probably a waste of time the fact of the matter is there are many important vaccines out there that likely made it possible for quite a few of us to even be a live today. 

while I agree some vaccines have worked and done some good that doesn't take a way from the fact that no actual study has ever been done nothing to show the long term effects or if the may cause other issues. 

46 minutes ago, buckhound said:

while I agree some vaccines have worked and done some good that doesn't take a way from the fact that no actual study has ever been done nothing to show the long term effects or if the may cause other issues. 

In many cases those studies don't matter. If you have a disease that kills millions or cripples millions eradicating it through a vaccine is the goal, regardless if some people die or suffer unintended consequences from the vaccines. The point of vaccines isn't to save every single person.

8 minutes ago, newjerseyhunter said:

In many cases those studies don't matter. If you have a disease that kills millions or cripples millions eradicating it through a vaccine is the goal, regardless if some people die or suffer unintended consequences from the vaccines. The point of vaccines isn't to save every single person.

:headscratch: I guess thats all great if you aren't the person who dies or a  family member..but what good is eradicating something if you create  other issues for the future ..

Just now, buckhound said:

:headscratch: I guess thats all great if you aren't the person who dies or a  family member..but what good is eradicating something if you create  other issues for the future ..

Well, that's at the heart of the problem with flu vaccine, unlike any other. For the most part vaccines are very effective, save millions of lives and prevent human suffering.
When you talk a bout vaccine which is less effective than most people's unsupported immune system  then you really have to think about risk vs rewards.  

49 minutes ago, buckhound said:

Please point out the future issues that the polio vaccine created? 

44 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Well, that's at the heart of the problem with flu vaccine, unlike any other. For the most part vaccines are very effective, save millions of lives and prevent human suffering.
When you talk a bout vaccine which is less effective than most people's unsupported immune system  then you really have to think about risk vs rewards.  

Agreed, that is why I'm not a huge proponent of the flu vaccine and I don't get the shot. The real study should be how effective is the flu shot at protecting people with compromised immune systems and those who work with/around them.

1 hour ago, newjerseyhunter said:

Please point out the future issues that the polio vaccine created? 

I never specifically said any vaccine but that is my point no study has ever been done although some believe some vaccines create other issues of course we are to take the word of those profiting from the vaccines that its all good...we listen to a government that for years insisting we follow a diet that is the main cause of heart disease but hey if you believe all that its your right and trust pharmaceutical companies that are making billions a year selling meds that in many cases have side effects that can be worse than what you are taking it for ...again if you choose to trust them thats your right.. 

1 hour ago, buckhound said:

I never specifically said any vaccine but that is my point no study has ever been done although some believe some vaccines create other issues of course we are to take the word of those profiting from the vaccines that its all good...we listen to a government that for years insisting we follow a diet that is the main cause of heart disease but hey if you believe all that its your right and trust pharmaceutical companies that are making billions a year selling meds that in many cases have side effects that can be worse than what you are taking it for ...again if you choose to trust them thats your right.. 

If you can't point to any specific issues then how do we know there is even an issue?

As far as what some people believe... some people believe the world is flat, some people believe in unicorns, so what. How about some empirical data? Plenty of people, other than pharma companies, have done studies on vaccines. 

Believing the gov't and pharma companies is not a pre-requisite for wanting someone to back up general claims about vaccines that fly in the face of all available evidence. The two things are totally unrelated. The bottom line is this, if you don't want to get a flu vaccine fine, that is your right. If in the future a new wonderful vaccine comes about, don't take that either. But do us all a favor and only spread information if you can back it up with actual evidence.

16 minutes ago, newjerseyhunter said:

If you can't point to any specific issues then how do we know there is even an issue?

As far as what some people believe... some people believe the world is flat, some people believe in unicorns, so what. How about some empirical data? Plenty of people, other than pharma companies, have done studies on vaccines. 

Believing the gov't and pharma companies is not a pre-requisite for wanting someone to back up general claims about vaccines that fly in the face of all available evidence. The two things are totally unrelated. The bottom line is this, if you don't want to get a flu vaccine fine, that is your right. If in the future a new wonderful vaccine comes about, don't take that either. But do us all a favor and only spread information if you can back it up with actual evidence.

whatever you win .you have your opinion I have mine and we will never agree..