IGNORED

Flu Shot Failure

Rusty

39 minutes ago, Rusty said:

People are dropping like flies at school and most of them had gotten the flu shot.  Apparently this year's flu shot is ineffective against the strain of flu that is currently going around.    

good luck rusty ,that sucks I know a few that have had the flu and got the shots as well....

Just now, BowhunterNJ said:

Seems like the common case.  How effective is the flu shot?  20%?

from what my cardiologist said the shot takes 2-4 weeks to start working and in some cases only last 2-3 months if it works at all. from what ni have seen keeping the immune system strong and Vitamin D is  bette for the flu than shots..

The shot protects against what they think will be most common flu. When you have a strain not covered by the shot and someone catches that particular strain of the flu, the others that have gotten the flu shot are not protected from that strain either. So you have people in same surroundings also getting the flu. But how many people where exposed to one of the strains that was in this years flu shot and therefore did not get sick and spread it to those without the flu shot? The flu shot is prevent as many outbreaks as possible. If nobody got the flu shot the cases would increase dramatically because those other strains would not be in play as well. 

How effective the previous year's flu shot was per the CDC:

June 28, 2019 -- The overall effectiveness of last flu season's vaccine was only 29% because it didn't protect against a flu virus that appeared later in the season, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

I got the flu shot, the flu was going around at work, only a few still sick but they are getting better....I didn't catch it, but 7 officers I work with who refused the shot got sick....but then I have major OCD issues with washing my hands, using disinfectant products