IGNORED

Who’s going out tomorrow? Temp of 4 Degrees

BillW0323

I think I'll need crampons to get to my stand without breaking my neck.  I went ass over teakettle carrying a bale of hay yesterday because all the damn wet spots in the yard are frozen over now. 

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

I have to go, be in the blind with heater and crossbow. Usually wouldn’t go but last night I got a glimps of a big one with both antlers. Kinda confused because a week ago i thought i saw the buck i was after sneak through the cedars with only one side. Either i was mistaken that it was him or there is a twin. Either way... i gotta try

AWM

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

Deer are going to move a lot less.

when it goes into single digits they hunker down to conserve energy

Thankfully the spot I’m going, the deer bed down and go eat within 75 yards of my blind. Worst case scenario, I go push the cedars. 

Step, step, step, break through.  Step, step, break through.  Slide down, try to get traction to walk back up.  Sweating from overdressing, then freezing on stand.  Yep, plan is to go hunting, but not finalizing that call until the morning.  Not sure if I can hold the crossbow back after shoveling today.

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Deer are going to move a lot less.

when it goes into single digits they hunker down to conserve energy

I agree and noticed over the years after a real cold spell when the temps rise again, the deer become very active.

Next week is a mixed bag. Temps rising into 50's but accompanied by rain. Not exactly the best hunting situation.