IGNORED

So, let's talk grills

DBuck

I have always had good luck with Charbroil grills from Lowe's or Home Depot....   They cook well, clean easy and seem to last 10 years or more, and I have never had to replace a burner. Can't see spending the money on a Weber, people I know that have them, don't seem to cook any better and develop "hot spots"...

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I'm partial to Chargrillers.  Charcoal, but I just make a fire with red oak and when it burns down, cook on it.  Their grills, actual cooking surface, is cast iron, which I feel can't be beat.  You have to burn them off and wire brush them and then spray them down with a spray-on oil like Pam. But once you figure it out... and they're pretty inexpensive

without me, my rifle is nothing

I also exclusively cook on cast iron on my indoor stove top. so my weber comes in handy when its time to re season my cast iron. I cook on newer lodge cast iron and also my my wifes great grandmother cast iron. its amazing the difference in cast iron from today and the 20s/30s. if you take care of them they are the best non stick skillets ever made. 

If you like to "barbeque", you need a natural gas grill. If you "grill", you need a propane grill. Barbeque is low and slow. That's why you need natural gas. Cheaper and doesn't run out. If you only grill hamburgers, steaks, etc, you need a grill that generates high heat so you can sear the meat. There are two ways you can go with price. Buy inexpensive and replace every 4-5 years or buy expensive and replace parts every few years. It's your call. An expensive grill becomes an investment. So, you have to decide what kind of cooking you want to do and decide. I have two. One for low/slow and one for fast grilling. 

Edited by archer36

I have a ten year old Charbroil that has held up good - but I will have to change one of the burners this year. 

My next "grill" will be something very similar to the one in the pic. This was approx 80 year old and had to be taken down, moved and rebuilt as part of the patio and wall job we did. The only thing replaced were the firebrick.

image.thumb.png.69483b7d9145eacc4ad8435d8bfb24d6.png

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Best Grill/Smoker I've ever owned.  It's electric comes with 2 meal thermometers and an auger fed hopper.  I did a 10lb pork but and 10lb brisket for a family barbecue as the last meal before winter and it was unreal!  Set it and forget it.  My buddy smokes wings on his and they're awesome!  Easy to barbecue on too!

20170602_Pro-Series-34-Blue_001.png.7410b6a9bc8c5934fccb22bfbf83d824.png

https://www.traegergrills.com/shop/grills/pro-series/34-bronze/TFB88PZB.html

I have a charcoal Weber and a Gas Weber Spirt 2 burner at my camp both are over 20 years old & work great .yes I’ve replaced some parts but can’t beat them , I have a 6 burner Summit at my house and it went for some burners last year, it’s 5 years old now but sees a lot of use . I had a Vermont Castings for 10 years  before the Summit , was a great grill until the cast iron lid started to flake . 

7 hours ago, not on the rug said:

I've been eyeballing a Big Green Egg for a while, but wasn't necessarily sure that I wanted to drop all of that loot on a kamado-style of grill without taking it for a test drive.   

I purchased this one over a year ago and it has been amazing. I use it to grill, hot smoke,  and even do wood -fired pizza on it.  It works perfectly for everything I'd like it to do.  The air intakes on the top and bottom allow you to easily control flow and get the ideal temp.  Once I get a temp set, it will hold for the 4-6 hours necessary with minimal to no adjustments.  When this one wears out, I'm going to purchase a big green egg for sure.  

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Char-Griller-AKORN-Kamado-Kooker-20-in-Charcoal-Grill-in-Grey-with-Cart-6520/204151650

Here's the consumers report on the  comparison

https://www.consumerreports.org/grilling/weber-kettle-vs-big-green-egg-charcoal-grills/

I actually have a Weber charcoal grill, I believe it's the kettle. After reading your guys posts I think I'll be looking at the Weber grills, thanks for all your input. Now to start researching propane vs natural gas. I'm not sure I've actually seen Natural gas tanks for sale, where does one get them?

Broilmaster hard piped with natural gas. Ran out of propane 18 years ago in middle of cooking  filet.  Never again 18 years old used weekly year round, original burner, cast iron grates, stainless trays and post.  Only have change lava rocks. Had one at parents house 30 years before they moved. Had three different lower cost models from box stores at campground and hunt camp, all rotted away in less than three years.

Edited by Tucker dog