IGNORED

So, let's talk grills

DBuck

16 minutes ago, DBuck said:

I only saw one weber grill for sale(freehold) and it doesn't look like it was taken care of very well

The Montville sale has one which is better .....its red towards the end of the pictures.....

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:45 AM, Shakyjake said:

To be honest, Weber is the only grill I use. Price is tough but well worth it. I know several guys with the Green Egg and they love em.

Funny thing about this Green Egg thing. When I searched on internet, even ebay and Amazon, everybody is selling accessories but no one is actually selling the grill:shock: 

I've had several, and if I get another...and who doesn't need another smoker...I'm going to try the Traeger Pro Series 34. 

Right now, I do just about everything I need, and it comes out great on the Weber 22 kettle. I use it mostly as a smoker and can do low and slow as good as just about anything else with the Slow N Sear. It allows you to turn your kettle into a much better smoker. I have done smokes as long as 10 hours at 225 and it holds the temp within 10-15 degrees pretty well, once you get to know your grill and how to use the vents. Only issue is capacity, you can only get one packer brisket or pork butt on the kettle at a time. 

https://www.amazon.com/Adrenaline-Barbecue-Company-SNS1000-Slow/dp/B014O9YB6G/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1522924455&sr=8-3&keywords=slow+'n+sear

I also have been using my MES 30 with a mailbox mod with great results too. The food tastes just as good as the Weber and is set it and forget it. I can also cold smoke fish, nuts and cheese with the mailbox mod. Only issue is that chicken skin sometimes doesn't get very crisp due to the moisture content of the MES, but, it sits next to my gas grill so a quick turn on a hot gas grill after coming off the smoke fixes that. On the Weber, I can just move the chicken right over the coals to crisp. Was doing a lot of smoked wings like that last summer. Smoking them in the MES then moving right to the grill to crisp up. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

15 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I have gone through 4 smokers, and the WSM is THE best out of them all.  You might be able to convert that gas one to use charcoal, but IMHO, there is a reason Weber stuff "just works".  Because it's a Weber.

I have to take a closer look at it to see if it's even worth taking.  It looked to be in good shape.  He keeps it covered. I literally have no idea what brand it is. 

If I ever bought a smoker, I'd probably grab the one you have.  Hopefully my next outdoor cooking purchase is a big green egg or maybe a Kamado Joe. 

1 hour ago, DV1 said:

I've had several, and if I get another...and who doesn't need another smoker...I'm going to try the Traeger Pro Series 34. 

Right now, I do just about everything I need, and it comes out great on the Weber 22 kettle. I use it mostly as a smoker and can do low and slow as good as just about anything else with the Slow N Sear. It allows you to turn your kettle into a much better smoker. I have done smokes as long as 10 hours at 225 and it holds the temp within 10-15 degrees pretty well, once you get to know your grill and how to use the vents. Only issue is capacity, you can only get one packer brisket or pork butt on the kettle at a time. 

https://www.amazon.com/Adrenaline-Barbecue-Company-SNS1000-Slow/dp/B014O9YB6G/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1522924455&sr=8-3&keywords=slow+'n+sear

I also have been using my MES 30 with a mailbox mod with great results too. The food tastes just as good as the Weber and is set it and forget it. I can also cold smoke fish, nuts and cheese with the mailbox mod. Only issue is that chicken skin sometimes doesn't get very crisp due to the moisture content of the MES, but, it sits next to my gas grill so a quick turn on a hot gas grill after coming off the smoke fixes that. On the Weber, I can just move the chicken right over the coals to crisp. Was doing a lot of smoked wings like that last summer. Smoking them in the MES then moving right to the grill to crisp up. 

I have the same thing, different manufacturer to convert  my Weber kettle into a smoker. Works well but have to get the air vents just right, still learning. I'm also looking into a wood pellet grill, set and forget it. Seems all the rage now.

29 minutes ago, kanigie said:

I have the same thing, different manufacturer to convert  my Weber kettle into a smoker. Works well but have to get the air vents just right, still learning. I'm also looking into a wood pellet grill, set and forget it. Seems all the rage now.

Yeah, you have to play with it a bit but I'm at the point now where I can fire it up about 10pm, get it stable by 10:30 or 10:45 and put a pork butt on. About another 15 minutes of tinkering and she's holding well so I go to bed. Get up about 6am and check on it but it's usually good until about 8 or 9 am when it will start to lose heat, so I move it to my already heated MES and finish there without smoke. The meat can only take so much smoke anyhow so anything after like 6 hours is just for looks and that wonderful aroma.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

16 hours ago, DBuck said:

I see it now, don you know how much it will be?

We havent priced out the items at that house yet.....you can always text me next week and ill let you know....908 868 8236 mike

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE