IGNORED

The LOVE ❤️ of a CROSSBOW

Live to Hunt

I started 4 years ago. I love the ability to spot and stalk deer with my crossbow. I use small ATA reverse limb bows which makes it easier.  I have shot 4 deer that way since crossbow hunting. I was always a good vertical bow shooter then my eyes could not focus near and far at the same time so I made the switch. You DON'T need an excuse to switch. I would not hesitate to start a kid with a crossbow. I'm not about macho pride when it comes to hunting. I use the most accurate weapon I can use to make quick ethical kills. That's what matters. If it doesn't turn you on then it's irrelevant. My best deer is in my photo.

Edited by archer36

20 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

Awesome keep the love coming ❤️ Buck154 I understand exactly what you went through trust me. Glad to see you getting it done still. 

You guys both get it done - that's all that matters, be legal, be ethical and HAVE FUN and love the great outdoors and all it offers us. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I hunt with a bow still but enjoy crossbow a lot. This is my new edition can't wait to knock one down with it Raven R-15. I got my mount back a few months back from my first crossbow kill and  it was an early season deer public land deer just  a great hunt. But what freaked me out is I picked it up from the taxidermist and had to hit my brakes hard in the jeep sending my mount into the windshield after it bounced all the way to the front of the jeep from the back. I thought the mount was trashed! But only suffered a rough ride. Since I have been applying gel to the hair and it is looking better thank god. I have to say the mount held up better than I imagined.

IMG_6260.JPG

IMG_4127.JPG

After multiple surgeries, on both shoulders, 3 herniated discs in the cervical region and 2 in the thoracic region of my spine, and a really bad hangnail, I had to go to a crossbow if I wanted to hunt a few years ago. They are cool to shoot, and I've killed a few deer with one but I just enjoy shooting my bow much more, and therefore enjoy hunting with it much more. Hunting with the crossbow really is just like hunting with a gun to me, and nothing like hunting with a bow... just doesn't "do it" for me much any longer. I stopped hunting with a gun years ago for that reason (although I did pick up my rifle again this year, but for many reasons). Not because it's unethical, or only slobs do it, or it takes away from enjoying the outdoors (you can enjoy the outdoors hiking and shooting with a camera too) but because it's very different to shoot one with a bow than it is to shoot one with a gun/crossbow. No disrespect to anyone who likes it, but it's not the same. 

That said, when it gets really cold, like 20's or below, I have to use one, and if I need a deer for the freezer, will not hesitate to do so...but only because I can't use a bow.

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Well I can’t say i love the crossbow, i do like using it late season so i can bundle up with clothes. I personally get more satisfaction shooting a nice buck with the compound and even more with the recurve. What i love is being successful on public land scoring when other hunters come up empty and what i love emphatically is the fact that i am able to pass that on to my son and see him grow and do the same. No weapon allows a hunter to score on nice bucks consistently, knowledge of the game does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM

I hold more pride in the hunt, rather than what I kill, or what I kill it with.  I still get as close to deer as I did with the compound before being comfortable to take a shot. Actually, I get closer to deer now because I'm no longer 25' up.  The crossbow has opened up many more options for hunting from  natural ground blinds.  I was also having issues with my eyesight the last few years shooting the compound.  Pins were just a blur.  The scope really helped clear that up.

27593881889_367847d416_b.jpgIMG_8513ca by shot4u2c, on Flickr

37075608564_2a2b26260c_b.jpgIMG_8135ca by shot4u2c, on Flickr

36997730606_632df46e24_b.jpgIMG_7867ca by shot4u2c, on Flickr

30683534692_355cd505ec_b.jpgIMG_3297c by shot4u2c, on Flickr

30519817821_0f919eda2e_b.jpgIMG_3230ca by shot4u2c, on Flickr

28963472754_05417ba008_b.jpgIMG_2899ca by shot4u2c, on Flickr

26786986770_ea552e486c_b.jpgIMG_0624ca by shot4u2c, on Flickr

27269481076_6d3afdafa8_b.jpgIMG_0826ca by shot4u2c, on Flickr

22202799536_919d86c82d_b.jpgIMG_7993ca by shot4u2c, on Flickr

12016636966_554d342e6b_b.jpgIMG_2455 by shot4u2c, on Flickr

10503084886_f4af242a6b_c.jpgIMG_1944c by shot4u2c, on Flickr

10414683414_ffd2cd0b4d_b.jpgIMG_1909c by shot4u2c, on Flickr

24219102741_d4d1845f13_h.jpgIMG_8548ca by shot4u2c, on Flickr

Looks like your having fun grey beard, that's what its all about.

AS far as your blurry pins, check out a verifier from specialty archery .

Makes the pins look like they did when you were 18

check out this thread from a few weeks ago 

https://www.njwoodsandwater.com/topic/20663-specialty-archery-verifier/?tab=comments#comment-250213

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/