IGNORED

Great way to end Winter Bow

LPJR

What a sit tonight. Was fortunate to be given the opportunity to participate in a deer cull in zone 6 this season met up with Rusty this afternoon and headed to our stands.  Before given a shot opportunity I practiced drawing while seated in my ladder stand to eliminate any movement because the deer at this spot are strung tighter than a guitar string this time of year. I decided it was going to be a seated shot or nothing and had no choice once I saw deer. They were coming in fast, and with only 10 minutes of shooting light left!  A big mature doe made her way in with a medium doe following and I was able to make a good shot on her.  At the shot she took off at full tilt and I lost sight of her once she crested a small hill........

Waited and met up with Rusty and began to track in the snow. No lights were needed after awhile because the blood and tracks were evident in the snow. Found her piled up just over the hill crest where he predicted she would be. Exactly! 

From the shot and damage caused, my broadhead of choice going forward will only be a Thunderhead..... Glad I switched back to them recently after shooting them for years.

Great way to end the season and was lots of fun......Glad to be able to make a dent in the herd at this spot during the late season. Big thanks to Rusty for the opportunity. :up:  Headed to my buddy's house now to process the deer for the freezer.

doe cc1.jpg

doe cc.jpg

cc4.jpg

Edited by LPJR