IGNORED

If your taxidermist did this would u accept it?

Shug

I think it is very hard to mount bears well. My buddy shot a beautiful bear in one of my spots. Took it to a well respected taxidermist in NJ  (Not JJ) and when he got it back, looked nothing like the bear he killed. 

If thus  is who I think it is its really sad to look at the picks on his webpage.  Some trusted him with their brown bear and  what looks like a Marco Polo ram.  They spent big dollars on that hunt and those mounts are just as bad as this one.  I’d be pissed.

fortunately I know a good taxidermist in Sussex County  😁

5 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

I think it is very hard to mount bears well. My buddy shot a beautiful bear in one of my spots. Took it to a well respected taxidermist in NJ  (Not JJ) and when he got it back, looked nothing like the bear he killed. 

I’m always impressed by well done bear and predator mounts ( fox ,coyote, mountain lions etc). Those animals are more expressive when alive.  To capture that takes real skill. 

You only get what u pay for. I pay a ton of money for my mounts. I paid 800 for a full body red fox mount. Sandy wildlife expressions. My deer heads I go to Greg rib. Ribs taxidermy. Close to 900 dollars. So realistic looking. That’s all I care about . I will pay the money. I just want it to look alive when I get them back. I wish Jersey Jay was closer to me. I love his mounts!

Edited by Recurve hntr