IGNORED

Lakewood erects walking bridge across Lake Carasaljo…

Bonefreak

My bass club fishes this lake every year and now a portion of the lake will be off limits to boats. 

Seems like an accident waiting to happen for drownings. 

and not sure how this can be DEP approved…. @Bucksnbows…is this illegal on a navigable waterway?  I imagine the proper permits would be needed for something like this  

https://thelakewoodscoop.com/news/first-look-lakewood-township-begins-major-upgrades-for-lake-carasaljo-including-walking-path-across-lake-new-boat-docks-photos/

imagejpeg_0.jpeg

imagejpeg_0.jpeg

IMG_0152.png

Edited by Bonefreak

They have a floating bridge from one side of the lake all the way to the other, cutting off one end from another so boats can't get by? :headscratch:

I can say I have never seen that before. That is..... curious. Would like to have been in the board room when that idea was discussed. Smells like some people want to be able to walk their dogs on the other side and complained that they did not want to have to walk all the way around the long way  :) 

8 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

They have a floating bridge from one side of the lake all the way to the other, cutting off one end from another so boats can't get by? :headscratch:

I can say I have never seen that before. That is..... curious. Would like to have been in the board room when that idea was discussed. Smells like some people want to be able to walk their dogs on the other side and complained that they did not want to have to walk all the way around the long way  :) 

Precisely!  And dangerous!  No railings!  Wonder how many people are guna fall in. Lakewood marches to the beat of their own drum. 

Not sure about permits. It’s not a permanent structure. But outside my area of expertise. Seems very odd to split a lake for any reason like that. Give it a few drownings and the town will pay to remove it is my guess. Seems dumb from every angle I can look at it. 

Five questions come to mind, as I am not familiar with the lake.

1, how big is the lake?

2, what about one of those horrendous high wind days, or don't they have them in Lakewood? Maybe one day everything will be blown all to one corner.

3, what about winter and the potential for a freeze. Then again, I realize that is a minimal possibility as Lakewood is in south jersey and therefore closer to the equator.

4,will there be a toll to cross? Everything you do in jersey requires some remittance of some sort.

5, how deep is the lake?

24 minutes ago, 308federal said:

Five questions come to mind, as I am not familiar with the lake.

1, how big is the lake?

2, what about one of those horrendous high wind days, or don't they have them in Lakewood? Maybe one day everything will be blown all to one corner.

3, what about winter and the potential for a freeze. Then again, I realize that is a minimal possibility as Lakewood is in south jersey and therefore closer to the equator.

4,will there be a toll to cross? Everything you do in jersey requires some remittance of some sort.

5, how deep is the lake?

Will my ez-pass work?