IGNORED

Some firearms can't be Inherited

1 hour ago, rem870hunter1 said:

While i agree 100% i'm not the only 1 to suffer if everything goes south. I have those whom i love to worry about.

Some would say that is why you must take the risk and fight back so your children so not have to live in tyranny. But believe me I understand the fight. Work, public execution through the media, and then there is the bankruptcy due to the court costs and loss of employment. 

Once people start moving around the country even more than now because of the oppressive and intrusive laws, there will be a tipping point. What we are seeing is the blatant weaponizing of the government, media, and some court systems. 

When the courts are supposed to go by the law, and you have political decisions, you can see the difference in the decisions. I get different courts determining different decisions BUT one would think there should be some similarities given the laws they cite. 

With the weaponizing of media, courts, financial institutions, technology, we are in for one hell of a tipping point. Right now it is becoming so obvious only those blinded by political parties seems to be still believing in the systems. The systems have become so corrupt they don't work any more. As more become disenfranchised so with the rumbling increase. 

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

18 minutes ago, thefirstndsecond said:

Once people start moving around the country even more than now because of the oppressive and intrusive laws, there will be a tipping point. 

I agree with your sentiment, but I really dont see this awakening or tipping point happening.   I'd love for people to wake up.  However, I dont see it.  People who care about the shooting sports in the northeast just arent much of a voting block.  People who move away from NJ will no longer fight for any cause in NJ.   Most people here have too much to lose (job etc) to be the one to test and challenge the laws (myself included, at least until my kids are out of college).  

I laud you guys who are capable and willing to do more.  Aside from voting and public outreach/talking and teaching others, which I certainly do,  I just dont see any great grand awakening in NJ.    Pains me, but in reality its more likely just staunching and slowing the inevitable.  

1 hour ago, GetOutdoors said:

Except you cant take possession to actually do the work.    You're in possession of an illegal gun while welding/pinning etc.  

Separate lower from upper. Now you just have gun parts. Keep in separate cases.  Do compliance work on upper. Do compliance work on lower. Assemble firearm. 

It may be gray to some but it's legal. 

2 hours ago, GetOutdoors said:

Except you cant take possession to actually do the work.    You're in possession of an illegal gun while welding/pinning etc.  

I’ll be honest I’m not sure if an option (it makes sense in my mind), but if he inherited them and had to get rid of them he would have to have them transferred to an FFL. Why not just have them transferrred to the FFL and make them compliant as opposed to selling. 

Edited by Jcol6268

20 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Question for anyone that knows, is there an actual “list” of banned weapons or just a set of rules and regulations that dictate what is legal and what is not. 

See NJ statute 2C-39:1 (w) for NJ definition of "assault weapon".. it lists a bunch:

https://law.justia.com/codes/new-jersey/2022/title-2c/section-2c-39-1/

2 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

Question for anyone that knows, is there an actual “list” of banned weapons or just a set of rules and regulations that dictate what is legal and what is not. 

Yes. There are some specifically banned by name, some banned by the part of the statute that mentions being "substantially identical ",  and then the part of the statute that lists what can have "no more than two " features while being semi auto or semi auto that accepts a detachable magazine. It's not just the list itself.

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

2 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

See NJ statute 2C-39:1 (w) for NJ definition of "assault weapon".. it lists a bunch:

https://law.justia.com/codes/new-jersey/2022/title-2c/section-2c-39-1/

There is more than that. That is just ONE part of the law in ONE place. See above post.

Edited by Bucndoe

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

3 hours ago, Jcol6268 said:

I’ll be honest I’m not sure if an option (it makes sense in my mind), but if he inherited them and had to get rid of them he would have to have them transferred to an FFL. Why not just have them transferrred to the FFL and make them compliant as opposed to selling. 

That is a lawful option for those that can be made compliant. Some can't and must be disposed of.

Edited by Bucndoe