IGNORED

Deer Driving Debate

BowhunterNJ

8 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

The problem is drives disturb hundreds, if not thousands of acres of woods with total disregard for other hunters or anyone else. 
I bet my paycheck you don’t drive anywhere near the areas you normally hunt. Why? 
You engage in disruptive to other hunters activity, something you would not tolerate yourself, and you ask to be united?  If I walked under your tree in November with 10 other hunters, yelling screaming but looking for deer would you say I need to unite with these guys? BS. Drives divide us and drives give us a black eye, helping antis in their fight against hunting. You show total disrespect for other hunters and you ask for support? It’s a hypocritical and extremely selfish stand and behavior. 

Guaranteed they are not driving the properties they personally hunt. 

Drives should be limited to 6 day only and also limited to private land only. 

www.liftxrentals.com

17 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

The problem is drives disturb hundreds, if not thousands of acres of woods with total disregard for other hunters or anyone else. 
I bet my paycheck you don’t drive anywhere near the areas you normally hunt. Why? 
You engage in disruptive to other hunters activity, something you would not tolerate yourself, and you ask to be united?  If I walked under your tree in November with 10 other hunters, yelling screaming but looking for deer would you say I need to unite with these guys? BS. Drives divide us and drives give us a black eye, helping antis in their fight against hunting. You show total disrespect for other hunters and you ask for support? It’s a hypocritical and extremely selfish stand and behavior. 

I've said it a million times yes we drive ehere we hunt and kill deer from stands in pieces driven the same day.

But down here it's only 7 days of shot gun so it isn't months long

Edited by vdep217

13 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I've said it a million times yes we drive ehere we hunt and kill deer from stands in pieces driven the same day.

But down here it's only 7 days of shot gun so it isn't months long

So how do you feel about the hunters you prevent from hunting. Hunters you drive out of the woods? They should support your activity or should you be more respectful? 

Edited by Lunatic

2 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

So how do you feel about the hunters you prevent from hunting. Hunters you drive out of the woods? They should support your activity or should you be more respectful? 

Playing devils advocate to the original post being 7 days.  So a guy who can only hunt a couple or maybe 1 day out of 7 gets screwed.  I hunt doing drives sometimes so I’m not saying it’s wrong. But I think a shorter shotgun season probably equates to driving harder every day vs a longer season where the novelty wears off and guys can enjoy more time in the woods 

23 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

We actually try not to go where a vehicle is parked but it happens.  The guys that hunt down here for the most part know how to set up to use the drives to there advantage.   And again guys kill deer at 430 in pieces tjat we're driven..

But I digress its a legal means and should be supported.  Once one form of hunting is taken away more will fall

Edited by vdep217

13 minutes ago, mikejd said:

I dont even do drives but to all who love to bitch about it have probably been bow hunting for the last 4 months.

These guys have a few days to hunt their style. Its actually ridiculous how cunty guys are.

It is funny how many bowhunters complain about everything under the sun that doesn’t align with what they “want”. I use to drive many years ago when we had a lot of private spots and wide open spaces, that all ended years ago but was a great time filled with camaraderie. 

AWM

2 hours ago, vdep217 said:

We actually try not to go where a vehicle is parked but it happens.  The guys that hunt down here for the most part know how to set up to use the drives to there advantage.   And again guys kill deer at 430 in pieces tjat we're driven..

But I digress its a legal means and should be supported.  Once one form of hunting is taken away more will fall

When was the last time a form of hunting (and I'm not talking species, something management-related to limits, season dates, etc.) was taken away people were able to do that led to some trickle down effect of other types going away because it was legal and not supported? I'll give you a hint..literally never. If anything, it's been quite the actual opposite in terms of methodologies and means of ways to pursue hunting game. The boomer kool aid is tainted. 

Just because something is legal doesn't mean it is ideologically popular or widely supported, nor should it be mandatory to support whatever it is. The contentiousness of driving is not protected from discussion either just because it's legal.. Hell, weed is legal now. You're out with your kids in a public space, 10 people walk by you with no regard for others around them blowing smoke and stinking the area of pot. You're going to tell me because it's legal and are exposing you and your kids to it, you're going to tell yourself, "hmm I support their right to smoke pot in this public space even though its effecting others and myself"? I call BS. You would want them to take it somewhere else far away from you. Now use that same analogy to driving.

I don't think there is a person out there in the woods stand hunting that wants to have a marching band come through the woods, especially so given the fact the overwhelming majority go out there to get away from people, probably using vacation time, to be in a quiet space. As far as I see it to be perfectly honest, how drives aren't a form of hunter harassment to stand hunters, I cannot fathom when you look at the definitions of what's prohibited by hunter harassment laws. Just my two cents.

1 hour ago, MGHunter66 said:

It is funny how many bowhunters complain about everything under the sun that doesn’t align with what they “want”. I use to drive many years ago when we had a lot of private spots and wide open spaces, that all ended years ago but was a great time filled with camaraderie. 

I have always been a bow hunter at heart . And have been fortunate to have done ok .

but my best memories by far of those driving deer with the farmers I grew up with .

we only hunted 3 days . Monday , Saturday , and the following Wednesday doe day .

15-20 guys and usually shot 45-50 deer . The camaraderie was priceless .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

4 minutes ago, chenrossi said:

When was the last time a form of hunting (and I'm not talking species, something management-related to limits, season dates, etc.) was taken away people were able to do that led to some trickle down effect of other types going away because it was legal and not supported? I'll give you a hint..literally never. If anything, it's been quite the actual opposite in terms of methodologies and means of ways to pursue hunting game. The boomer kool aid is tainted. 

Just because something is legal doesn't mean it is ideologically popular or widely supported, nor should it be mandatory to support whatever it is. The contentiousness of driving is not protected from discussion either just because it's legal.. Hell, weed is legal now. You're out with your kids in a public space, 10 people walk by you with no regard for others around them blowing smoke and stinking the area of pot. You're going to tell me because it's legal and are exposing you and your kids to it, you're going to tell yourself, "hmm I support their right to smoke pot in this public space even though its effecting others and myself"? I call BS. You would want them to take it somewhere else far away from you. Now use that same analogy to driving.

I don't think there is a person out there in the woods stand hunting that wants to have a marching band come through the woods, especially so given the fact the overwhelming majority go out there to get away from people, probably using vacation time, to be in a quiet space. As far as I see it to be perfectly honest, how drives aren't a form of hunter harassment to stand hunters, I cannot fathom when you look at the definitions of what's prohibited by hunter harassment laws. Just my two cents.

Actually your just another guy who doesn’t realize how driving increases the odds for everyone in the woods .

guys sit down , deer lay down . Both don’t see each other .

move deer around they move all day to get back to where they want to be .

and more deer slip out the sides and the back of a drive giving more opportunities.

Group hunting has been here for hundreds of years . It’s one of the most effective tools a group of hunters can use .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

4 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Actually your just another guy who doesn’t realize how driving increases the odds for everyone in the woods .

guys sit down , deer lay down . Both don’t see each other .

move deer around they move all day to get back to where they want to be .

and more deer slip out the sides and the back of a drive giving more opportunities.

Group hunting has been here for hundreds of years . It’s one of the most effective tools a group of hunters can use .

Mighty speculative of you to assume that about me and go on a tangent about nothing related to my post.. I'm well aware deer have legs and can move around the woods, thanks for the biology lesson. I couldn't care less about my odds increasing in the woods because of some self-entitled people who proverbially own the woods for a week and whatever they do is the law of the land for the week, even if that means justifying walking through other hunters set up, no regard for how it effects them.. For people to sit here and say oh it's effective, and legal, therefor we need to support it, and if we get rid of it it will be the downfall of hunting as we know it, is tin hat territory. 

4 minutes ago, chenrossi said:

Mighty speculative of you to assume that about me and go on a tangent about nothing related to my post.. I'm well aware deer have legs and can move around the woods, thanks for the biology lesson. I couldn't care less about my odds increasing in the woods because of some self-entitled people who proverbially own the woods for a week and whatever they do is the law of the land for the week, even if that means justifying walking through other hunters set up, no regard for how it effects them.. For people to sit here and say oh it's effective, and legal, therefor we need to support it, and if we get rid of it it will be the downfall of hunting as we know it, is tin hat territory. 

Just look at trapping as proof.  Conibeares went now they are aiming for cable restraints and to ban all trapping.  It's not a theory.  

Look at duck hunting to.  More and more kand based spots are off limits and now you can't even hunt barnagette inlet.  It's happening little by little and people don't realize it

If I needed to kill a deer I'd hunt my stands but 6 day is more about being eith friends and enjoying it together.  Yes I help set up drives scout for them etc.  

Edited by vdep217

I have hunted my stand after there has been a drive through it and I have seen as much or more deer than before drives. It's annoying to see/ hear disturbance in the woods when you are there. It breaks the peaceful silence. I belonged to one club that never had drives until the last day if hunters were not successful stand hunting. I belong to another that drives the hell out of all the land they can. I can't say who is right or wrong. It comes down to tradition some times. All the driving was on private land except years ago we drove the area that is now 6 Mile Run. It wasn't hunted much at all back then and we never saw another hunter. I no longer participate in drives and the last few I participated in I only walked to help out. Driving is better for the younger folks. :rofl:

Edited by archer36