IGNORED

Deer Driving Debate

BowhunterNJ

24 minutes ago, chenrossi said:

Mighty speculative of you to assume that about me and go on a tangent about nothing related to my post.. I'm well aware deer have legs and can move around the woods, thanks for the biology lesson. I couldn't care less about my odds increasing in the woods because of some self-entitled people who proverbially own the woods for a week and whatever they do is the law of the land for the week, even if that means justifying walking through other hunters set up, no regard for how it effects them.. For people to sit here and say oh it's effective, and legal, therefor we need to support it, and if we get rid of it it will be the downfall of hunting as we know it, is tin hat territory. 

The dozen guys pushing those pieces should all lose out in their day out and the camaraderie of the hunt because of I guy sitting that may or may not see a deer .

It’s a two edged sword 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

Actually your just another guy who doesn’t realize how driving increases the odds for everyone in the woods .

guys sit down , deer lay down . Both don’t see each other .

move deer around they move all day to get back to where they want to be .

and more deer slip out the sides and the back of a drive giving more opportunities.

Group hunting has been here for hundreds of years . It’s one of the most effective tools a group of hunters can use .

How about we all hunt the way we want to hunt without making impossible for others to even be in the woods. 

Just now, Lunatic said:

How about we all hunt the way we want to hunt without making impossible for others to even be in the woods. 

You have months to hunt your way . Let those guys enjoy their few days 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

8 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

You have months to hunt your way . Let those guys enjoy their few days 

It has no effect on my, I hunt only private land. 
how about guys who only hunt 6 days. There are many. How do they feel about getting away from their daily grind for a day or two and then watch yo buck army make their hunt a complete waste of time. Driving is disruptive and not just during the drive, which is bad enough, but it puts deer down and invisible for a long time after they stop driving, if they do stop. 
Deer driving is the most disruptive way to hunt. Aren’t you advocating shorter season to take pressure of of pregnant does and pressures of deer in general? Deer drives from six day to the end of the season help your cause? 

There is a piece of county public  (not large , roughly 1k acres) I hunt frequently (and grew up next door to) that would get driven like crazy, back 15-20 + years ago or so (that I can remember, im 35 years old). Until the county started managing the property as in now  it’s stand hunting only, no driving allowed.

Thank god! there is deer in there now.  
It used to be lifeless it would get so shot up. 

1 hour ago, vdep217 said:

Just look at trapping as proof.  Conibeares went now they are aiming for cable restraints and to ban all trapping.  It's not a theory.  

Look at duck hunting to.  More and more kand based spots are off limits and now you can't even hunt barnagette inlet.  It's happening little by little and people don't realize it

If I needed to kill a deer I'd hunt my stands but 6 day is more about being eith friends and enjoying it together.  Yes I help set up drives scout for them etc.  

Conibears didn't just "go". Just can't use them upland ground, which frankly in a state like NJ, sorry, it actually makes sense with how much more densely populated of a state we are and most targeted animals to use conibears on in NJ are aquatic species anyway. I'm sure antis cheer over it but you realize they were also recommendations put forth by other pro-hunting/trapping agencies and organizations that work in conjunction state agencies? This ain't Canada where you snow mobile for hundreds of miles not seeing another person, let alone the neighbor's lap dog just begging to have a new law named in its memory. I am fine with having some sacrifice for the overall better optics of hunting/trapping in general, for the general public. Educating someone about a relaxed lock on a snare restraint, and how easy it is to get their dog out if they run into one vs their dog dead in an upland conibear and having to have that conversation with them, I know which I'm gonna choose....

And to reference Barnegat Inlet, ladidah. 200 acre sized off limits zone due to an easily preventable incident where a little common sense would have gone a long, long way. I won't lose sleep over the area with the amount of hunting and frankly better hunting then the inlet where you are just asking to be crucified if you screw up in such a visible place. A dumb sea duck ain't worth it. 

driving is not the problem. it’s driving on public land. I don’t think anyone minds driving just long as it’s not on public. if you wanna push every deer out of your woodlot go for it but I do think it’s messed up that the place everyone can hunt will get pounded and the 70 year old or 13 year old who wants to start or keep on a tradition is getting screwed. and i’m not denying yes it’s a possibility that you will push deer to these guys buts it’s also just as easy to screw them or even worse put them in danger by sending bullets into a thicket and possibly hitting them but that’s my two cents on it

22 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

It has no effect on my, I hunt only private land. 
how about guys who only hunt 6 days. There are many. How do they feel about getting away from their daily grind for a day or two and then watch yo buck army make their hunt a complete waste of time. Driving is disruptive and not just during the drive, which is bad enough, but it puts deer down and invisible for a long time after they stop driving, if they do stop. 
Deer driving is the most disruptive way to hunt. Aren’t you advocating shorter season to take pressure of of pregnant does and pressures of deer in general? Deer drives from six day to the end of the season help your cause? 

Your actually quite wrong , deer stay on their feet to get back to where they want to be .

we shot many deer sitting the farms after driving them .

most clubs drive six day and a doe day 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

5 hours ago, vdep217 said:

We actually try not to go where a vehicle is parked but it happens.  The guys that hunt down here for the most part know how to set up to use the drives to there advantage.   And again guys kill deer at 430 in pieces tjat we're driven..

But I digress its a legal means and should be supported.  Once one form of hunting is taken away more will fall

It’s legal to set up 25’ from a guy already in his stand over his bait pile. . However, would you do it? I’m sure you would not. 
Yet you feel it’s ok to drive through 100s of acres with total disregard for other hunter already there because it is legal. BS

25 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

It has no effect on my, I hunt only private land

And there it is in a nut shell, just a reason to bit h about something that doesn’t even affect you. You constantly say choose whatever weapon you want and hunt the way you want because it’s a “choice”. But now driving for some reason is not one of those choices. Unreal

AWM