IGNORED

Lets See Your Trophy Rooms and Mounts

npbow

I would, but I’ve never killed any B&C animals, that’s my cutoff point, I’m a terrible trophy hunter, just god awful.  I gave up many moons ago as it led to nothing but frustration.  Now I just take whatever presents a perfect shot.  The closest thing I’ve come to mounting was a 260 elk.

Edited by njdoxie

1 hour ago, njdoxie said:

I would, but I’ve never killed any B&C animals, that’s my cutoff point, I’m a terrible trophy hunter, just god awful.  I gave up many moons ago as it led to nothing but frustration.  Now I just take whatever presents a perfect shot.  The closest thing I’ve come to mounting was a 260 elk.

A trophy dosent need to be B&C or P&Y nor does it need to be a buck. If its a trophy to the person that harvested it thats all that matters .I never judged anyone for what they have legally harvested as long as it brougt them joy .

7 hours ago, Rusty said:

:wwp:

I hear ya......I looked and couldn't find.  I don't have a single elk antler, deer antler, and only 1 turkey beard.  I've given them all away as I moved or turned them into dog chews.  None of them were large in my opinion, except for the turkey.  I gave all my elk antlers away to a friend in Colorado to sell, he's helped me out a lot, including getting me several bulls, I swear he had a pocket full of rabbits feet, and a horse shoe in his back pocket.  In reality, he grew up elk hunting and knew a lot of spots to check out and was in excellent shape and would not give up, day after day.  All were rifle kills.  It about killed me, but resulted in a bull every year I hunted with him, which I was grateful for, as I hunted multiple times on my own and got squat.

I was never one to take pics, so while I took pics of every bull I killed, they've been lost as I changed phones multiple times.  Now I save my photos to shutterfly.  I do have photos of this years deer.

Edited by njdoxie

12 minutes ago, barrike said:

Wow.  Nice rooms!  I hope to have a trophy room someday.  I just have a corner wall for a few mounts for now.  I currently don't have a wall big enough to put the bear rug on.  He lives on a chair in the bedroom.

skulls.jpg.205082db241002a23cf173eff4abeeee.jpg

1599575063_charlieskullcropped.jpg.5fa178fe6da39d3c4f4fc7fdbf6bd0be.jpg

1528832594_charlierug.jpg.92b7c6a0ae9fe265eef1ddc583c6de54.jpg

doetree.jpg.b6fe4831da8c22814b06d42e9caaede8.jpg

:up: It took me 30 years to get mine. After all the kids were out of the house and my Wife realized we had three extra bedrooms, she broke down and let me have one.