IGNORED

** BIG GAME STAND ALERT**

Stugots

Bought a brand new hang on Big Game stand from Dicks online. It came in an unopened box and I put it it together like usual. Go to the woods to setup the tree, 20 ft up, I secure the stand to the tree. I then pushed down on the platform to "seat it" and BOTH cables pulled at the crimps!!! Talk about a malfunction. Luckily I was wearing a linesman belt harness and no issues occurred. I contacted Big Game and they are sending me new cables. I have to say their customer service was great. Multiple lessons here: you get what you pay for, always wear your harness, and continuously check your gear. Be safe ya'll and happy hunting. 

20210929_112734.jpg

Ive never heard of or seen this happen in my life until recently.  Same cable snapped in one of my stands when a buddy was sitting in it, luckily he had his safety harness on.  There was the same cable that snapped on a stand i believe to someone on this forum last year.  I dont know if this is going to be common with cheaper crap coming from overseas but wow, be careful!!

Those cables were most likely over crimped  cutting some of the strands. This a great reminder though, if the plastic cable coating is cracked letting water in, your cables are most likely rusted and its a matter of time before they snap . I hunt with a crossbow now and only go up around 10 feet where I have good back drop cover and not missing the high altitude nose bleeds:up:

Edited by bucky

They should have sent you more than just cables! If you got hurt the liable suit would be insane. Glad you are OK:up:

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL