IGNORED

How Much Did You Spend on Bait this Season?

Nomad

10 hours ago, Nomad said:

I have 6 different spots that I bait.  Usually, at least 1 bag per week at each spot, plus a block every couple of weeks.  I figure I will have spent abut $1200.00 on bait and blocks by the end of January.  Then I'll be buying more to feed the deer all winter behind my house.  Gets pretty expensive.  

OMG thats a lot of money. I have guys hunting one of my properties on the right and left of me who bait and I take the majority of the deer off the property in my stand without bait on a good trail.

I do have a property I bait on occasion but it is nothing more than about 5 lbs that I carry in and dump every time I go there, the deer still frequent the spot even without bait.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

11 hours ago, Nomad said:

I have 6 different spots that I bait.  Usually, at least 1 bag per week at each spot, plus a block every couple of weeks.  I figure I will have spent abut $1200.00 on bait and blocks by the end of January.  Then I'll be buying more to feed the deer all winter behind my house.  Gets pretty expensive.  

$1200! That's a new bow or firearm. Or all the cost of licenses and permits for the season times alot.  Or a taxidermy bill. List goes on. 

$70/ week on truckload of corn on cobb from aug- feb,
then $20/month all spring/summer in minerals.
And maybe $50/month in corn all spring/summer.
Then another $400 all season on blocks and bags for spots I can't drive the truck to.

Way too much. I dont even wanna do the math. I rather not know.

Ps: Dont tell my wife

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

25 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Serious question...for the guys who hardly bait or bait light...what's your general strategy?  How is 100# or even 200# lasting you 5 months?  A small group of deer will annihilate 25#+ overnight.  I would think if you throw out a couple pounds a week, it's probably not doing much to keep deer around, no?

I hunt the same way I hunted before baiting- learn the property, find the  runs etc...I just use it now to slow them down ,put them where I  want them to stop and keep them a little more interested. 

Edited by 3Blade

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

24 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Serious question...for the guys who hardly bait or bait light...what's your general strategy?  How is 100# or even 200# lasting you 5 months?  A small group of deer will annihilate 25#+ overnight.  I would think if you throw out a couple pounds a week, it's probably not doing much to keep deer around, no?

I use it more for camera purposes to see what's around. I will sometimes put 25-50 lbs out a couple of days in advance if I know my kids will be hunting. I like to keep the deer activity up when I know they will be hunting with me. I spread it very thin and throw it all over an area using a cup. I spread it thin over a big area so it is more like yellow acorns  spread through the woods than a corn pile. 

I'm your Huckleberry :devious: