IGNORED

Anybody else had it with this weather?

Swamp_Yankee

1 hour ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

If your well goes dry during a drought in NJ its probably too shallow to be drinking from anyway.  

Mine never went dry, but others did that I know.  I have not heard of any problems with their drinking water.

Edited by Nomad

Try running a dirt race track with this shot weather. We had 10 Saturday’s this summer that it either rained or was so wet from rain all week that i couldn’t get on the track to open it up to let it dry. Funny, the mortgage company doesn’t give a rats ass about the weather....

Thursday night begins our first real shot at fall weather and my guess is that the wet summer pattern will finally break for good.  You all know how much I said we needed rain and I will stick to that, but we are now in great shape with groundwater and it's time to move on to cooler, dryer weather.

This was the very first year in all my years that I was unable to wade fish the West Branch.  I did float her a few times, but not a single day when I could don my waders and step into a river under 750 cfs.  That's unbelievable!  The Hale Eddy USGS gauge today is at 2,050 cfs. Normal for today is 426 cfs.  Safe wading is below 1,000 cfs and better under 750 cfs.