IGNORED

was I an a-hole?

JHbowhunter

2 hours ago, SoloFilmer said:

Like everyone said, you did nothing wrong. If he was your friend why would he ask your parents to hunt on their land? Why wouldn't he just say to you, hey do you think i could set up a stand on your parents property or hunt there a couple times this year? That is no friend in my opinion. It being your parents property just have them tell him he cant hunt there. end of story. They didn't tell him to plant a food plot or put mineral down. good luck

4 hours ago, tcook8296 said:

"Whats your point bro" at that point Im cutting the f'n tree down lol

I  can tell from your name "Jack" you are the better guy. I agree with what most have posted, plus the above and at the "bro" point, I would have taken the stand down, and cut it into small sections and left it where he would park.  Jack

the stand is out, he even dug out his minerals.  My brother told my mother "he can have it all to himself now".   Again all this could have been avoided, I would have let him hunt my stand a few times as long as he asked.  In fact I would have done a hunt or two with him - I have 3 stands spread out there.   Not now - that ship has sailed. Regardless of if I am an a-hole, my brother and his buddy think I am.  Incapable of seeing it for what it was.   Had the guy just called me back  and not been a tool - all ends well.  My mother is sick over this. So am I.... (my father is so weak he can barely talk, can't really walk and he whispered to me "I told your mother I didn't want him hunting here but she doesn't listen to me....")

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

8 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

the stand is out, he even dug out his minerals.  My brother told my mother "he can have it all to himself now".   Again all this could have been avoided, I would have let him hunt my stand a few times as long as he asked.  In fact I would have done a hunt or two with him - I have 3 stands spread out there.   Not now - that ship has sailed. Regardless of if I am an a-hole, my brother and his buddy think I am.  Incapable of seeing it for what it was.   Had the guy just called me back  and not been a tool - all ends well.  My mother is sick over this. So am I.... (my father is so weak he can barely talk, can't really walk and he whispered to me "I told your mother I didn't want him hunting here but she doesn't listen to me....")

I will meet you there tomorrow Jacko I mean since he is gone I knew you wouldn't mind.   I am not sure what stand I want to hunt but, we will figure that out in the AM.  :cool: 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Thanks all for the support - much appreciated, and to those of you that called me too.  Right up until the point of "what's your point bro", it all could have been smoothed over. He could still get some hunts in there in my stand. Had he said "I am sorry for the mixup - I thought you were not going to hunt here - can we work something out?"...    Instantly would have diffused the situation and I would have said "yes call me"...   He also had 4 days to return my phone call where I asked him what his plans were.   I am just shocked anyone let alone a family friend - could be this stupid and rude.  

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Just got done reading this through. You are not an a-hole Jack, drama queen... yes LOL J/k . Hope this doesn’t cause further  family  problems for you and just runs its course and goes away. You handled it much more like a gentleman than I probably would have... kudos to you. Sit back have a cigar and one of these and relax

D5D26F78-C0EB-4990-8BCB-872FDFD6F06E.thumb.jpeg.ecc20fcda6b50f0ceff965aa2d34075e.jpeg

AWM

10 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

He is like my brother's best friend. 

Not anymore I hope!!  Your brother has poor taste in choosing best friends. If this is the way this guy acts to his best friends brother....imagine how he carries himself at normal life!!  Let's get the NJWW Fluke Fishin Crew together and give this smacker a "don't mess with one of our own" country boy woods rodeo!!

I think the situation was tough from the start on your end. With him mingling with your family and leaving you out of the loop.  Whether you broadcast your hunting location or not is irrelevant . It's your spot and it wouldn't matter if it was the best kept secret or the world new it.This shit would have still went down. He got the in by being a devious sneaky little prick manipulating your family. That's cut and dry.  How you handled it was the best you could given the circumstances with your family involved. You did everything in a sensible way by thinking it through first. Instead of lashing out. The only asshole was him definitely not you.