IGNORED

was I an a-hole?

JHbowhunter

Jack.  I remember u letting a member here hunt your stand.   To get his first buck he shot one you wouldn't think of drawing on and weree happy as he was.   You tracked it and then looked for it for days and it died a couple days later I believe..  you are a good man don't let him get u down

Edited by vdep217

5 hours ago, vdep217 said:

Jack.  I remember u letting a member here hunt your stand.   To get his first buck he shot one you wouldn't think of drawing on and weree happy as he was.   You tracked it and then looked for it for days and it died a couple days later I believe..  you are a good man don't let him get u down

Exactly a a week later Vito and it was still warm when I gutted it. Fortunately my cousin saw the white belly out his front window. Thanks for the kind words - all of you. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I'd tend to think you'd have first rights/control over the situation, because your parents own the property. I'm assuming you have a good relationship with them.

Unfortunately, this is the never-ending struggle in the hunting world, finding good property to hunt, and keeping it, in a perfect world, under your rules and restrictions. 50% of the complaints on these forums are over similar situations such as this, and the struggle is real away from the internet also. But I'm sure you know this.

And I agree, no landowner, and especially a sick parent, wants or needs to deal with this.

Hope this all works out for you. And for all the rest of us dealing with the same basic problem.

Edited by Stan Putz

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

Crazy story which you seem to have handled better than most.  Looks like the waters got muddied when your brother had him go through your parents and not you.  

Slightly off topic, but I gotta share… The mention of your brother has given me some laughs.  You see, I was friends with him WAY back in first grade.  We had a couple of play dates over your parent’s house and mine.  I remember you hanging with us when we were raising hell in your basement.  And when he came over my house, I remember we got covered head to toe in mud and my mother having a galactic fit. 

We lost touch after first grade as I believe he went to another school.  I briefly reconnected with him years later one summer at Don Bosco summer camp.  He was new to the camp, and through a friend of mine, he ended up joining the crew of kids I’d go fishing with.  We got along perfectly fine, but it wasn’t until the last week of camp that we finally connected the dots that we were friends back in first grade.   

If you talk to him, tell him Eric says hello!  And don’t worry, I won’t ask him to hunt your parents property ;-)

Edited by JHbowhunter