IGNORED

Favorite home defense gun

Zone35killer

20 minutes ago, MeatEater said:

I have the same for the same reason. However, if I was not 21 (like Zone35killer here) I would go for a 12 gauge.

I know a few people that are instructors for tactical and defense...  reason I won't use a shot gun is for the fact that when not handled properly in tight quarters it is easier to be disarmed..  I don't want to worry about the intruder by poi and keeping the shot gun so close to me that I mine as well have a pistol...  also for close quarters 38 or 357 rat shot will do the trick

3 minutes ago, Bad64chevelle said:

Ive got a few things in key places to get me to where I need to be ..... 

but that's my tinfoil answer . 

First line of defense is the dog , after him you'd meet my m&p shield or more than likely my AR . If I need to go to the next step,  you're REALLY not going to have a good day . 

If you need to go to the next step your probly in worse shape than the intruder

54 minutes ago, RPK0620 said:

I had 1 gun in the bedroom..... but, an attempted burglary during the day, which I thwarted by being home made me realize how vulnerable I was and if I needed it I would have had to run down the hall to get it.

So, now, whether I'm in the basement, upstairs, back of the house, front of the house or bedroom at night, I have something within close reach.

I should add, we don't have any children at home.

I just concealed carry in the house:shock::happywave:

Nothing says “wrong house” like the sound of a pump action twelve gauge.....might have to repair some dry wall.....but I will hit the target.

Couldn’t agree more, my model 12 riot gun is only feet from bedside. And i am empathetic, they do have a chance since the first shot is rocksalt. If they don’t learn their lesson the next seven are nickel plated 4 buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM

Not to offend anyone but unless you know how you are going to react in a high stress/life threatening situation OR train extensively in high stress situations (again without knwoing how you react) a shotgun is your best bet. If the intruder can "get close enough" to disarm you with a shotgun, you have bigger problems- not to mention, if he is that close and hasnt shot you yet, he most likely does not have a gun. 

Best home defense for your average person- guessing thats 95% of people on here, your home defense should 1- easiest to shoot 2- easiest to aim 3- gives you best odds to getting on target in low light. 

I have plenty of guns I'd love to say are my go to but unfortuntelty I know what it is like in a high stress situation with a firearm.... Because of this, if the sitaution was: At home, protecting a family, - I'm  taking the guessing game out- buckshot in a 12 pump. 

Edited by Hawkeye57

Someone said average people, well I must not be average, I have been held at gun point twice in my life, and numerous knives, and I am not a cop, but you come in my house, if the dog doesn’t get you, the OO buck will. We have had one attempted break in, but the puppy thwarted that, you seriously do not want to break in my house. Having worked in Paterson for many years, not much scares me, and I don’t want to die, but I am also not afraid of dying either.