IGNORED

Favorite home defense gun

Zone35killer

11 minutes ago, Zone35killer said:

Pretty much just posted hunting stuff on here, but I thought I’d branch out and talk a lil gun talk lol. What’s you guys favorite home defense gun/guns. Mines definitely the kel-tec sub 2000, as it’s small and  maneuverable like a handgun, but on a rifle platform.  Not 21 yet, so no handguns for me. 

Do you own it in 9mm or .40 cal?  Me and a buddy almost bought it a few years back but the gun shop never came through. My go to is Mossberg 500 pistol grip with all the fun attachments and an LCP .380 with Hornady critical defense

Small house. Kids in house. Guns all locked up. You're getting a 6" puma blade in your inner thigh. If your still standing your getting my son's aluminum baseball bat to the dome. I'm better with a knife. Lol. 

When I did not have kids in the house,  Shotgun with 4buck was close by. Nothing more devastating than 4buck inside 20 yards. Try it on a deer this season. Mod choke. You'll see. 

4 minutes ago, birdshotnj said:

Do you own it in 9mm or .40 cal?  Me and a buddy almost bought it a few years back but the gun shop never came through. My go to is Mossberg 500 pistol grip with all the fun attachments and an LCP .380 with Hornady critical defense

I’ve got the 9mm that takes glock mags. Haven’t shot it a ton, but no jams or problems. A great  home defense gun, and honestly just a great gun to shoot in general. 

2 minutes ago, birdshotnj said:

Thanks, I may go get one

Man your gonna have a hell of a time finding a gen 1 in nj. If you want a gen 2, they don't sell em in nj cause they have a threaded barrel. But if you want a gen 2 they are perfectly legal if you have a muzzle break pinned on. These gun laws drive you up a wall in nj. But I love mine and I’d definitely recommend getting one. 

I had 1 gun in the bedroom..... but, an attempted burglary during the day, which I thwarted by being home made me realize how vulnerable I was and if I needed it I would have had to run down the hall to get it.

So, now, whether I'm in the basement, upstairs, back of the house, front of the house or bedroom at night, I have something within close reach.

I should add, we don't have any children at home.

Edited by RPK0620

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

28 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

38 revolver with wad cutters..  don't have to worry about over penetration and if it don't go bang pull the trigger again...  

I have the same for the same reason. However, if I was not 21 (like Zone35killer here) I would go for a 12 gauge.