IGNORED

Yote pups by my house

I have had a big yote 40+ eyeballing my dog and running around my backyard. Well after hearing them yelping, I have located the den. I see at least 4 pups. I saw them from a distance running around. should I be concerned and should I call F and G?  The mother and my dog had a staredown in my yard a few days that was not a good situation. I chased her off but I see her everyday. Please advise. And no its not the season and I have no discharge laws!:down:

Edited by Jerseybassnbow

Any Man Who Thinks He Can Be Happy and Prosperous By Letting the Government Take Care of Him Better Take A Closer Look at The American Indian! - Henry Ford

MOLON LABE

17 minutes ago, Jerseybassnbow said:

I have had a big yote 40+ eyeballing my dog and running around my backyard. Well after hearing them yelping, I have located the den. I see at least 4 pups. I saw them from a distance running around. should I be concerned and should I call F and G?  The mother and my dog had a staredown in my yard a few days that was not a good situation. I chased her off but I see her everyday. Please advise. And no its not the season and I have no discharge laws!:down:

Hook up with a trapper?  If you're in no discharge area shooting would probably not be advisable/safe.  Most no-discharge towns I know of are fairly dense.  Even if you can shoot safely its not worth getting caught.

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

As much as I know they're a nuisance I'm not here to do anything unethical I just basically want to have the mom not bother my dog or feel unsafe. I'm actually fine with letting them grow up I just don't need any drama with my dog. I guess I'll call Fish and Game

Any Man Who Thinks He Can Be Happy and Prosperous By Letting the Government Take Care of Him Better Take A Closer Look at The American Indian! - Henry Ford

MOLON LABE

They are hunting your dog.  The stare down was them hoping your dog chased them into the woods.  Once separated from the house/you. They attack. Destroy and eat your dog. 

Hope I'm wrong. 

Once you contact the authorities it's on the radar.  At that point you can't do anything even if they eat your dog. 

Only you can decide what needs to be done. Good luck. 

Nick

I am not advising you what to do, that is your call. I know what I would do if I was concerned for my family or pets safety...ethics wouldn't be a concern of mine at that point.

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

I'm not trying to be naive but I do not know for sure whether that coyote was hunting my dog or just protecting her pups. I'm going to take this with caution and see what happens as I can't do anything now anyway. Im in a residential neighborhood and somebody will know what happened trust me. This is a very small patch of woods.

MOLON LABE