IGNORED

200,000 mile club

I thought this little bit of trivia was interesting enough to share.

Reading the September 2017 issue of Consumer Reports and came across this little tidbit on page 55.

Take a look at the top-17 list of vehicles most often reported by subscribers as having reached 200,000 miles or more. See a pattern?

1. Toyota Camry
  2. Honda Accord
  3. Toyota Prius
  4. Honda CR-V
  5. Toyota Sienna
  6. Honda Civic
  7. Toyota  Corolla
  8. Toyota 4Runner
  9. Toyota Highlander
  10. Ford F-150
  11. Honda Odyssey
  12. Toyota Tundra
  13. Toyota Avalon
  14. Honda Pilot
  15. Toyota Tacoma
  16. Chevrolet Silverado 1500
  17. Toyota RAV4

15 out of 17 are either Toyota (10) or Honda (5)! Toyota owns half the list (the rest of the top-20 is: Chevy Suburban, Subaru Outback, and Subaru Forester).

And where are all the trucks? I see F-150, Tundra, Tacoma, and Silverado.

Reading the September 2017 issue of Consumer Reports and came across this little tidbit on page 55.

Take a look at the top-17 list of vehicles most often reported by subscribers as having reached 200,000 miles or more. See a pattern?

1. Toyota Camry
  2. Honda Accord
  3. Toyota Prius
  4. Honda CR-V
  5. Toyota Sienna
  6. Honda Civic
  7. Toyota  Corolla
  8. Toyota 4Runner
  9. Toyota Highlander
  10. Ford F-150
  11. Honda Odyssey
  12. Toyota Tundra
  13. Toyota Avalon
  14. Honda Pilot
  15. Toyota Tacoma
  17. Toyota RAV4

Yes, it's a list of automobiles comprised mostly of companies who haven't been crushed by ridiculously high union labor costs.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

I thought this little bit of trivia was interesting enough to share.

1. Toyota Camry
  2. Honda Accord
  3. Toyota Prius
  4. Honda CR-V
  5. Toyota Sienna
  6. Honda Civic
  7. Toyota  Corolla
  8. Toyota 4Runner
  9. Toyota Highlander
  10. Ford F-150
  11. Honda Odyssey
  12. Toyota Tundra
  13. Toyota Avalon
  14. Honda Pilot
  15. Toyota Tacoma
  17. Toyota RAV4t

15 out of 17 are either Toyota (10) or Honda (5)! Toyota owns half the list (the rest of the top-20 is: Chevy Suburban, Subaru Outback, and Subaru Forester).

And where are all the trucks? I see F-150, Tundra, Tacoma, and Silverado.

I have 2 of these vehicles. One is closing in on 200k(avalon) one is 50% there(pilot).  Would really like to see more domestics but I don't think the manufacturers care if the vehicles they make get to 200k and beyond so they don't design them to last maybe Ford does.  It is a different story overseas where people keep their cars a long time and won't buy a vehicle that is not reliable over a long period.  Toyota seems to have figured out how to do it and has a cult following in some countries. 

My GMC 07 Sierra was traded in with 180,000 miles for 5 grand to buy my 17 Sierra. It still ran good but the bed had rust over wheel wells.

I have a rusty 87 Toyota Pkup that I use on the farm with 250,000 on it. The body is rusted, but the motor is running strong.

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

I am surprised there two American Cars that high on the list. Whenever we get American car its nothing but trouble. The last one my wife is driving is a Charger and with almost 80K miles on it the car is falling apart. My daughter drives a Mitsubishi. We bought it with 75K miles on it as her first car and that was 7 year ago. Not one single thing broke on it yet and the only maintenance we do is oils change every 5K miles. My son had a Honda Civic for his first car and the story was identical.