IGNORED

200,000 mile club

damn, although my 2011 Grand Cherokee limited has 110K, and runs great and is now my hunting/fishing/dog carting vehicle - I better think about replacing before 150K....

I just hate to get anything new with the amount of projectile shedding my lab does. 

My Mercedes sedan has about 50K - hope to make it to 200, as it's my commuting vehicle.

My son has my dad's old Camry and that engine runs great - maybe that has a chance to make 200...

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Until two weeks ago, we had two Toyota Camrys and one Highlander. We traded in my wife's Camry with 267,000 miles on it still running perfectly. But it needed new struts and we didn't want to put that kind of money into it as old as it was. The other Camry has 170,000 and is still going strong and will be our daughters car through college. The Highlander needs a transmission finally at 235,000 miles, but the Lexus engine is as strong as ever even with 235,000 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damn, although my 2011 Grand Cherokee limited has 110K, and runs great and is now my hunting/fishing/dog carting vehicle - I better think about replacing before 150K....

I just hate to get anything new with the amount of projectile shedding my lab does. 

My Mercedes sedan has about 50K - hope to make it to 200, as it's my commuting vehicle.

My son has my dad's old Camry and that engine runs great - maybe that has a chance to make 200...

I did several jobs for Ray Catena, (Site work on 3 different service stations), and he told me they make money on Mercedes when they come back for repairs. All of the jap high end cars he sells are money makers only at the time of the sale because they don't come back for any repairs. And this is the guy with a 100'+ yacht named Mercedes.   

Edited by Lunatic

I have driven mostly Toyota Tacoma's with manual transmissions.  All well over 200k.  I used to change the oil every 20k in my first one and never had an issue but that was back in 1998/1990.  And I don't baby my trucks - they are all "right-of-way" work trucks.  I had a lapse in judgment once and bought a Chevy.  Complete junk.

Is there anybody that still believes anything Consumers Reports says, there much worse than CNN!!!!

The Toyota Tundra and Tacoma had rotting frames for over a decade and good ole CR mentioned nothing year after year! These frames were so bad you could crush some of them in your hands, yet nothing!

Can you imagine if Dodge, Ford or GM trucks got the gas mileage of the tundra, CR would be all over them, yet nothing! But I think people "some" are waking up to the fake news!

Irish Potato Famine - White Privilege 

Is there anybody that still believes anything Consumers Reports says, there much worse than CNN!!!!

The Toyota Tundra and Tacoma had rotting frames for over a decade and good ole CR mentioned nothing year after year! These frames were so bad you could crush some of them in your hands, yet nothing!

Can you imagine if Dodge, Ford or GM trucks got the gas mileage of the tundra, CR would be all over them, yet nothing! But I think people "some" are waking up to the fake news!

It hurts me to say it but its not fake news. I am driving company provided American cars since 1990. They were all nice but it didn't take long for any of them to start having problems. Once at 50 to 75K things go south very quickly and if you can't afford to keep up with repairs, in very short time you are driving  a pieces of junk with half of its components not working.

Did the Toyota trucks frames fail for decades? Did CR report any of this in their yearly reports? Do the toyota trucks get the worse gas mileage of the segment? Not reporting obvious defects can be considered fake news!

All manufactures have problems, no debate there but when blatant defects are not mention it's the same as lying.The one good thing to come of this is that Dodge, Ford,and GM trucks have gotten much better. Take an honest ride in the new Colorado and in an instant it's obvious it's a whole new ball game and compare the Silverado MPG's to the tundra and it's not even close!

Did the Toyota trucks frames fail for decades? Did CR report any of this in their yearly reports? Do the toyota trucks get the worse gas mileage of the segment? Not reporting obvious defects can be considered fake news!

All manufactures have problems, no debate there but when blatant defects are not mention it's the same as lying.The one good thing to come of this is that Dodge, Ford,and GM trucks have gotten much better. Take an honest ride in the new Colorado and in an instant it's obvious it's a whole new ball game and compare the Silverado MPG's to the tundra and it's not even close!

I am sure the Silverado is nice. However this is about longevity. Not about rusted frame, or gas mileage or any other problems. This is about how many make it to 200K.

Toyota trucks frames fail for decades?

I was unaware of this. I know I've heard of the rusting frames in Toyota trucks sometime between the '05 and '10 model years or thereabouts, but when you say "decades" that means this has been happening for over 20 years. That is something I've not heard. Do you have more info on that?

Take an honest ride in the new Colorado and in an instant it's obvious it's a whole new ball game and compare the Silverado MPG's to the tundra and it's not even close!

Now, realize, this is nothing about the drive, fit, finish of new cars and nothing about MPG. It's about longevity. Just driving a new Colorado now won't tell you if its going to make it to 200K miles. (UPDATE: HA! What Lunatic just said ;-))

Edited by mazzgolf

And Toyota backed up customers with a nice pay out, most of those trucks customers paid off in years past, so that nice check was play money

After what I went thru with GM back in 1995 will keep me away from them

I am sure the Silverado is nice. However this is about longevity. Not about rusted frame, or gas mileage or any other problems. This is about how many make it to 200K.

It was about fake news, and can you believe anything they say if they don't tell the whole story.

I am very surprised that not a single Volvo or Saab is on the list.

Take that list with a grain of salt, too. This is only a list of what most of the Consumer Report *subscribers* report. It wasn't a scientific analysis gleaned from any data other than what their subscribers reported to them. So it could be, say, only a small fraction of CR subscribers own Volvos or Saabs and perhaps an abnormally large number of subscribers (compared to American car-owning public) own Toyotas and Hondas.

Still, though, it is amazing the vast majority were Toyotas and Hondas on this list.

And Toyota backed up customers with a nice pay out, most of those trucks customers paid off in years past, so that nice check was play money

After what I went thru with GM back in 1995 will keep me away from them

Did you ever wonder why the media never mentioned this ? They even won some quality awards while this was going on! It's all about the money!