IGNORED

Best Muzzleloader ????

Buck154

I might be thinking about getting a new ML. Whats the best for accuracy and cleaning. I have my old TC Renegade and a TC Black Diamond. They were Ok for their time but I'm looking for one that shoots good to 125-150 yds and is easy to clean and load the primmer. Whats everyone have and or thoughts on a newer one? I was thinking of the TC Encore..

I haven't hunted with gun for deer in years. Think it's time again.

Edited by Buck154

Everyone I know loves the CVA Accura. However, when it was time to buy a ML I went with the Knight Ultralite. The gun feels like a well made rifle. Nice stock, timney trigger, green mountain barrel. Granted, it costs twice the cost of the CVA and it is harder to clean than the CVA. Regardless, I still recommend the Knight. Guaranteed to shoot accurately to 200 yds. I think more importantly, shoot Blackhorn 209....makes cleaning easy. You are more than welcome to come shoot mine. I don't think you can go wrong w either gun. https://www.muzzleloaders.com/product-category/muzzleloaders/ultra-lite-muzzleloader-with-nitride-finish/

Any of the new tc’s Are really nice. I have the impact which is the cheapest model. I think the number one thing for me is shoot blackhorn 209 for ease of cleaning. I haven’t shot my gun past 100 yards but I’m shooting it better than some of my Bolt action center fires. I shoot it in mid November before the season to make sure the scope is on, clean it in January after the season and so far in 3 seasons no rust or pitting or anything. And that’s just cleaning one a year with hoppes. Figured I would throw in a few pics from last ml season for fun

E2AE0848-A5D9-4950-85D4-9164E17AA0EA.jpeg

AAD088B9-25A6-4121-B139-2EE1D93A7671.jpeg

016733CA-DDF6-40D3-B1C5-54B31B978EA4.jpeg

Edited by Blend No 27

I have a T/C Bone Collector.  Certified tack driver, about .5 MOA at 100 yards.

It takes me about 90 minutes to clean it after a long session at the range.  However, I clean the barrel until you can see your reflection in it, so I take my time and usually deep clean it.

I like the T/C pre-soaked patches for cleaning and always finish up with Bore Butter to keep the rust away.

Because of how far back I have my scope, opening the breach is sometimes a pain if the gun is really fouled, even with the tool that comes with it.  I am thinking of creating my own tool that goes straight back to the breach plug instead of coming in from the side.  But that’s my only gripe.  It’s an outstanding gun.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

6 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I have a T/C Bone Collector.  Certified tack driver, about .5 MOA at 100 yards.

It takes me about 90 minutes to clean it after a long session at the range.  However, I clean the barrel until you can see your reflection in it, so I take my time and usually deep clean it.

I like the T/C pre-soaked patches for cleaning and always finish up with Bore Butter to keep the rust away.

Because of how far back I have my scope, opening the breach is sometimes a pain if the gun is really fouled, even with the tool that comes with it.  I am thinking of creating my own tool that goes straight back to the breach plug instead of coming in from the side.  But that’s my only gripe.  It’s an outstanding gun.

I too, thoroughly clean my guns.... I am guessing you are not shooting blackhorn 209? No fouling of breach plug, so simple to remove (no breach plug grease used) & barrel takes about three passes to be completely clean. If you're not using....try it once. That is all it will take to have you sold on it.

Accura MR (Mountain Rifle) with the Nitride Bergara barrel with buckmaster scope. Two white hots with power belts At 100 yards I touch the rounds. Just because where I hunt 100 yards is probably about as far a shot that I will ever take. But considering how accurate it is, I think 150 yards wouldn't be an issue. Also depends on your shooting skill set as well. Just saying if I was hunting and my friend told me he just shot at a deer that was 150 yards away, id continue hunting because odds are its going to be a long night anyways. 

1 hour ago, Blend No 27 said:

Any of the new tc’s Are really nice. I have the impact which is the cheapest model. I think the number one thing for me is shoot blackhorn 209 for ease of cleaning. I haven’t shot my gun past 100 yards but I’m shooting it better than some of my Bolt action center fires. I shoot it in mid November before the season to make sure the scope is on, clean it in January after the season and so far in 3 seasons no rust or pitting or anything. And that’s just cleaning one a year with hoppes. Figured I would throw in a few pics from last ml season for fun

E2AE0848-A5D9-4950-85D4-9164E17AA0EA.jpeg

AAD088B9-25A6-4121-B139-2EE1D93A7671.jpeg

016733CA-DDF6-40D3-B1C5-54B31B978EA4.jpeg

I have the same gun..  2 years ago I killed a deer at 175 with 240 shock waves and 100 pyrodex..

I had the tc encore. Its a good 100 yard gun but its very light. 

It also had the option for interchangeable barrels but put a 300 win mag barrel on it and the recoil will hammer you. 

I went with the newer style Remington 700 Ultimate muzzleloader. Its heavy, its longer but accuracy is that of a centerfire rifle. Capable of 200 gr of black powder but Im shooting around 120 gr of Blackhorn 209 with a 250 gr accutip. Leupold scope with detachable rings enables me to remove the scope if I want when flying. Really nice gun once you swallow the $1000 price tag. 20160109_130447.thumb.jpg.744b0aa6d341709ce09a81027554665b.jpg

www.liftxrentals.com