IGNORED

Classifieds Post Limit

3Blade

12 minutes ago, 3Blade said:

I blocked them, they were too much. I know slightly off topic but so are some of the guys who overwhelm the feed with a ton of stuff for sale. Should be a limit to that too

I blocked the classified because of that also .

while I might miss out on something of interest , I was tired of most of the feed being that on an almost daily basis 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

37 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I blocked the classified because of that also .

while I might miss out on something of interest , I was tired of most of the feed being that on an almost daily basis 

Agree. I post in Classifieds but only keep it alive about a month. If no results, I'll try again next year. Seeing the same thread over and over for three months or more is annoying. :whatever:

Split topic off as it should be it's own topic and not part of the other.

Only solutions are to:

1. Limit the number of classified topics a user can create in a period of time (say X per 24 hours), however this doesn't limit them from replying to a topic unless I get into limiting replies per period of time.
  2. Remove Classifieds from the frontpage and users will just have to go look at them when they want to.  
  3. Members customize their own frontpage, which has always been an option.  You can create a custom stream of what you want to see from what forums/content on the site and set that as your default stream/frontpage.  The Ignore Forums/Topics has just been a convenience approach as most members don't want to take the time to customize their own stream.

14 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Maybe a limit of two at any time. If you want to post a new one, you have to get rid of an old one. :hmmmer:

I’m thinking they could do one thread and label it bunch of items for sale or something similar and just put all the items in that thread as opposed to starting 8 individual threads and carpet bombing the feed 

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

1 minute ago, 3Blade said:

I’m thinking they could do one thread and label it bunch of items for sale or something similar and just put all the items in that thread as opposed to starting 8 individual threads and carpet bombing the feed 

Yup, there will always be a way to get around things. :banghead:

5 minutes ago, 3Blade said:

Certainly easy enough to post “Selling hunting (or fishing or whatever) items” and list multiple items together. Some posters do that, but not all. 

12 minutes ago, 3Blade said:

This has been requested before for them to do, but they either forget or feel one single topic doesn't get enough attention as an item specific title/headline would so they post more.

If you have more than one item you should be required to group them together in one post, if similar or related. Instead of having 10-15 separate posts for 10-15 guns like some of these guys are doing is just crazy. 

Edited by Silver Belly62