IGNORED

Attention NJ Deer Hunters – We Need Your Input!

Your Input Is Needed – Please Take Our Survey!

antlered-white-tailed-deer-buck-facing-l

New Jersey is considering significant changes to its Deer Hunting Regulations to simplify current regulations and hunter input is a very important consideration in these discussions.

No matter your experience,  whether you are a casual hunter, or an avid sportsman or sportswoman, if you hunt deer in New Jersey, we want your input! All it takes is your CID #, 20 minutes of your time, and a click on the survey link below to participate.

PLEASE NOTE: The survey contains maps and charts, so it may be easier to complete on a computer or large tablet rather than on a cell phone.

View the full article

12 hours ago, Rusty said:

Done!

I'm on board with the proposed changes.

And I clicked, "I am strongly opposed to APR" every chance I got!   :D  

Have said it a ton of times . Pa has proven state wide that the fears of QDM of high grading is bullshit .

Best change they ever did was getting an extra year on their bucks .

and seeing what those smaller looking deer really had to offer .

NO giant 4 pointers running around here 22 years later 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

13 hours ago, Rusty said:

Done!

I'm on board with the proposed changes.

And I clicked, "I am strongly opposed to APR" every chance I got!   :D  

59 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Have said it a ton of times . Pa has proven state wide that the fears of QDM of high grading is bullshit .

I think Rusty was needling Jack with that comment:poke:

1 hour ago, jumpthestring said:

Get rid of unlimited Doe in certain zones.

Somewhat agree, however, deer seem to come and go according to food sources or are forced into urban areas where most hunting is closed.  Thining for the most part produces food greater sources and only more births, as these deer in my yard have grown tenfold in some 8 years due to Building, There seem to be a few mature Bucks that survive to mate all of them. 

They allowed Bow only the past few years with no dent in the numbers since the areas are County parks with limited access and restrictions. The deer just move into the neighborhoods to improve the shrubs and Plants :banghead: 

The words certain zones are a myth since  Here today gone tomorrow. 

NJDFAG is Bleeding cash in Hunting and even fishing licenses and fees, Fewer hunters -and fishermen mean more creative ways to hunt be it days harvests means.  What would hunting be if they went back to 6-day Bucks only shotgun buckshot only, :cupcoffee:  Since those days of old?   The means opportunities and the numbers of deer have all increased. 

The need for unlimited harvest in many areas is a necessary evil & the choices have to be made on where they do the most damage and fall to road killed. 

Have to add for almost 4-to 5 weeks not one deer has shown up 

Yes, I have posted these photos before but it explains where the deer are and growing.  

This year and last I have noticed more deer and fewer road kills more late fawns bigger bucks.

So jumpthestring what zone would you suggest be closed to unlimited Doe harvesting?     

Have to add not one deer has shown up in my yard in the past 4 weeks ????????

Heard 16 deer.JPG

Deer family.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

555.jpg

DSC_0013.JPG

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Everywhere access is limited due to houses has many deer.  To many deer.   I saw 19 before I got on the highway yesterday ( a few blocks ) 

go 10 miles up the highway I don’t think theirs 19 deer in 2 square miles In some areas

the last 20 years the state really got the numbers beat back in most areas 

ehd did a number on Deer in other areas    

I hunt ny in an ar area   Buck take dropped over 1.2 bucks per mile  from before ar    We see nicer bucks just less of them 

I did see a 3 1/2 year old 4 pt.a few years back.      He had a huge body   About 17 inches wide   Like 9 inch y’s      100 yds out saw that big white rack coming     

he didn’t make it     Neighbors got him 3D evening of rifle      

1 hour ago, fab said:

Everywhere access is limited due to houses has many deer.  To many deer. 

the last 20 years the state really got the numbers beat back in most areas

True, and beating back numbers in most cases increases available food and builds a healthier population.  NJ has lost Farming as it once had with fewer farms and methods, deer adapt.   Always wished Ruffies did the Same :cupcoffee:

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I doubt that many people take more than a handfull of deer in unlimited zones. It just makes it easier to manage but letting those who wish to take as many as they want. BC if you start taking too many your opportunities to take them will drop off.  It goes to the philosophy just because you can doesn't mean you will. It's almost like eating at a buffet, most don't over eat just because you have the opportunity, you know your limit and you stay within it, usually.

27 minutes ago, tuny said:

I doubt that many people take more than a handfull of deer in unlimited zones. It just makes it easier to manage but letting those who wish to take as many as they want. BC if you start taking too many your opportunities to take them will drop off.  It goes to the philosophy just because you can doesn't mean you will. It's almost like eating at a buffet, most don't over eat just because you have the opportunity, you know your limit and you stay within it, usually.

Agree. Killing a lot of deer is WORK. Gutting, dragging, butchering, etc. You really have to like the meat. I know hunters that never eat venison. Some have limited use for it. A few deer a year is plenty even if they can shoot more. Also, as you said, there is a law of diminishing returns. Killing a lot of deer, especially doe, will eventually catch up you. But, a lot of guys don't know from one year to another if they will have access to the land every year so they only act like it's their final year. :hmmmer:

6 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Deer eugenicist who discriminates against small horns lol