IGNORED

Just felt an earthquake!!

Tuck

8 minutes ago, Jafgasa said:

Live in Whitehouse Station and was in the garage.   Thought my boiler was about to blow, scared the hell out of me and the wife.  First for me.  

Wonder what guys working on the dam at RV thought .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

14 minutes ago, Jafgasa said:

Live in Whitehouse Station and was in the garage.   Thought my boiler was about to blow, scared the hell out of me and the wife.  First for me.  

I hear that area got hit the hardest. 

1 hour ago, Bonefreak said:

I remember feeling an earthquake at my office circa 2010-11. Office shook just like we felt today. 

I read that one was 5.8, I remember it, entire building was shaking for quite a few seconds.  Then I think a second smaller one came behind it.  They evacuated the buildings.

Was teaching a hunter ed class at Hudson Farm. Ground shook. Assumed it was munitions testing at Picatinny arsenal.  Heard it was a 4.8 magnitude quake that originated in Tewksbury.  Wife called me.  house shook.  Some items fell off the wall but that was about it. 

7 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

I read that one was 5.8, I remember it, entire building was shaking for quite a few seconds.  Then I think a second smaller one came behind it.  They evacuated the buildings.

I remember the house we owned then was very old and had textured plaster walls that one got some cracks in the plaster fascia (no structural damage), and insurance company didn't want to cover repairs since we didn't have an earthquake addendum.

14 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

They are saying today’s 4.8 is the strongest in our area in over 100 years. 

I was returning to my truck from putting out minerals when I heard rumbling, within a few seconds my wife called telling me the house was shaking

1 hour ago, Jafgasa said:

That was the first thing I checked. I hit the emergency shut off. Then my wife said it was an earthquake. First one I remember this bad in Morris County.