IGNORED

11/9 Check In

Greybeard

I should have been more I checking my camera my guy was out just about every day during light 8 or 9 am 3or 4 pm 

Now his little brother shows up all the time and the one I'm watching went dark 7 or 8 pm 4 or 5 am 

I'm just enjoying watching and pissing off the wife by not shooting anything lol.

I got time but I'm running out of it I'm usually done before 1st frost and time change that boat sailed lol.

I got my once in a lifetime already this year so I'm costing, need 1 for a friend and 1 more for the house, gotta go through freezer to verify 1 more for us but, hopefully the kid gets 1 or 2 this year to finish us up 

Sitting in 7 right now reading about the gosh darn crossbows.

It's as bad as watching the news with the freaking Democrats and Republicans lol

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

4 hours ago, Farmingdales Finest said:

Yesterday was the first day I took out the recurve this year and promptly shot over the top of two bucks. I know I need to hold lower with the recurve but seems wrong when the tip of the arrow is actually held below the body but when you don't the results are what I wrote.  Deer were all over last night.

This morning the woods were as dead as I have seen this year.

Good luck to whomever gets out today!

Tomorrow going striper fishing.

ill b out for striper tomorrow too.  Boat is shake n bake.  i monitor 65 & will share some intel.  probably going right out of shark river

4 hours ago, Rjtfd said:

Got it done this morning. Had him yesterday chasing one around and wouldn’t give me a shot. Today he was chasing in the dark and he stops her 5 yards from my stand and mounts  her. Wasn’t legal light yet so no shot. He took her away and couldn’t hear them anymore. Waited about 15 minutes let off one grunt and 15 minutes later he’s behind me 20 yards grunting and snorting. Waited what feeler like forever to step out for a shot. Finally 18 yards and I get my shot. 

IMG_1730.jpeg

IMG_1742.jpeg

Geeat buck & exciting hunt!  congrats

5 hours ago, Rjtfd said:

Got it done this morning. Had him yesterday chasing one around and wouldn’t give me a shot. Today he was chasing in the dark and he stops her 5 yards from my stand and mounts  her. Wasn’t legal light yet so no shot. He took her away and couldn’t hear them anymore. Waited about 15 minutes let off one grunt and 15 minutes later he’s behind me 20 yards grunting and snorting. Waited what feeler like forever to step out for a shot. Finally 18 yards and I get my shot. 

IMG_1730.jpeg

IMG_1742.jpeg

Congrats . Love the mass on that buck 

Out in 36 this morning.....at 6 30 I looked up and had a doe followed by 2 fawns, followed by a buck, 50 yards behind....not chasing, not really after the doe, but just behind them.  It was a pretty good 2.5 year old 8 pointer that I have on camera.

Never picked up the X bow...Jut too much involved in getting him out,  and an hour drive to the butcher before heading to work in the afternoon.  I already shot one buck in this spot in the regular season,  and it would have to be  a really good buck to shoot another one in the extended bow.

Home at 11,  cleared leaves and chopped wood for my daughter until heading to work.....Anytime I pass up a buck at 15 yards and not being cold in the tree is a great day !!

Danny V

Let's hear it for the 3 point lol at last light he came in bird dogging, a couple of snort wheezes and he was standing 15 yards in front of me. Had no care didn't want to shoot him but after sitting all day it was nice to actually have a deer to be able to shoot LOL.

Tomorrow will be a another chapter

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

My favorite dates are Nov 3 - 7....always successful during this time. I am not as picky as some, more than others. I sat 1.5 hours Monday and the second average 8 I saw, I shot. Went on doe patrol & saw three nice bucks, all within range on Tuesday afternoon, & yesterday saw four does out of range. They don't seem locked down in my spots. Unfortunately, too busy (and tagged out) to go again until shotgun. Did see an absolute monster today in Zn 6 chasing two does.

9 hours ago, Farmingdales Finest said:

Yesterday was the first day I took out the recurve this year and promptly shot over the top of two bucks. I know I need to hold lower with the recurve but seems wrong when the tip of the arrow is actually held below the body but when you don't the results are what I wrote.  Deer were all over last night.

This morning the woods were as dead as I have seen this year.

Good luck to whomever gets out today!

Tomorrow going striper fishing.

Had a longbow like that once. I would aim for the front knee joint.  I would usually miss my first deer of the season each year. Then I would remember. 

I am the Lorax - I speak for the trees.