IGNORED

11/9 Check In

Greybeard

10 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

Yes, approximately third week of November.  After lockdown period, mature bucks really start searching for the last remaining does available.  Always seen and shot some of my nicest rut bucks that week

I should try to take that week off instead next year or at least the cold front days especially.

Yesterday was the first day I took out the recurve this year and promptly shot over the top of two bucks. I know I need to hold lower with the recurve but seems wrong when the tip of the arrow is actually held below the body but when you don't the results are what I wrote.  Deer were all over last night.

This morning the woods were as dead as I have seen this year.

Good luck to whomever gets out today!

Tomorrow going striper fishing.

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers:

21 minutes ago, Rjtfd said:

Got it done this morning. Had him yesterday chasing one around and wouldn’t give me a shot. Today he was chasing in the dark and he stops her 5 yards from my stand and mounts  her. Wasn’t legal light yet so no shot. He took her away and couldn’t hear them anymore. Waited about 15 minutes let off one grunt and 15 minutes later he’s behind me 20 yards grunting and snorting. Waited what feeler like forever to step out for a shot. Finally 18 yards and I get my shot. 

IMG_1730.jpeg

IMG_1742.jpeg

Awesome buck! Congrats!

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers:

48 minutes ago, Rjtfd said:

Got it done this morning. Had him yesterday chasing one around and wouldn’t give me a shot. Today he was chasing in the dark and he stops her 5 yards from my stand and mounts  her. Wasn’t legal light yet so no shot. He took her away and couldn’t hear them anymore. Waited about 15 minutes let off one grunt and 15 minutes later he’s behind me 20 yards grunting and snorting. Waited what feeler like forever to step out for a shot. Finally 18 yards and I get my shot. 

IMG_1730.jpeg

IMG_1742.jpeg

Congrats, great buck