IGNORED

Blackhorn 209 .... better buy now

nmc02

I contacted Hodgdon powders today and asked why their product was unavailable at nearly all their vendors. I was advised that Blackhorn 209 is shipped twice annually. Once in Spring and once at the end of August. Supposedly it cannot be produced fast enough, as it sells out. Hodgdon sells direct as well, but there are NUMEROUS fake scam sites out there. 

An 8 oz. container on gunbroker is about $175. I could not find a single vendor that had it in stock. I ordered directly from Hodgdon. I purchased two containers, it cost $214.31 (shipping/tax). 

If you need it, I recommend buying soon, as Hodgdon will also sell out.

This is the real link: https://shop.hodgdon.com/blackhorn-209/

I bought a BH209 breach plug for my CVA... never used it as I couldn't find any BH209! Actually, that isn't true. There were 2 tubs of it in Cabelas in DE last year on the shelf. I thought about buying one, but the price tag scared me off... I thought maybe it would go on sale or I'd find it lower somewhere else. I have since found out the price is the price and it isn't going to be found lower anywhere (it was something like $80). I looked for it later, and couldn't find any - all out of stock.

I'm happy with Triple-7 pellets right now, so I doubt I'll ever buy BH - especially considering how expensive it is now and how scarce it is. Even if I did buy it last year, you only get 8oz now, so I dunno - do you even get 35 or 40 shots with it? Too expensive for my blood - I'll just deal with swabbing the bore after each shot :) 

12 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

I contacted Hodgdon powders today and asked why their product was unavailable at nearly all their vendors. I was advised that Blackhorn 209 is shipped twice annually. Once in Spring and once at the end of August. Supposedly it cannot be produced fast enough, as it sells out. Hodgdon sells direct as well, but there are NUMEROUS fake scam sites out there. 

An 8 oz. container on gunbroker is about $175. I could not find a single vendor that had it in stock. I ordered directly from Hodgdon. I purchased two containers, it cost $214.31 (shipping/tax). 

If you need it, I recommend buying soon, as Hodgdon will also sell out.

This is the real link: https://shop.hodgdon.com/blackhorn-209/

I buy BH209 and Barnes Expanders when you or BHC tell me to:director:

Had 2 sealed containers 2 years ago and sold them for over $250 each on Gunbroker. Have a little bit left and when I run out will switch back to 777 because of price.  BH209 was fine to use when it was $30 a bottle but it’s gotten crazy. For the little I shot my TC Omega will just deal with the extra cleaning it takes to shoot 777. 

I won an CVA Optima and pick it up later this week from Cheyenne.  I have been exclusively a bowhunter since 1992.  

I ordered a Burris Fullfield 3-9X40 scope that came in today. Based upon my research I had it narrowed down to either 209 powder or 777 powder but then I keep reading about shortages.  Where is everyone getting their powder and sabots? Will I be able to get what I need at Cheyenne

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers:

33 minutes ago, Farmingdales Finest said:

I won an CVA Optima and pick it up later this week from Cheyenne.  I have been exclusively a bowhunter since 1992.  

I ordered a Burris Fullfield 3-9X40 scope that came in today. Based upon my research I had it narrowed down to either 209 powder or 777 powder but then I keep reading about shortages.  Where is everyone getting their powder and sabots? Will I be able to get what I need at Cheyenne

Buy from them directly, as I posted the website. It is $375 for four containers....enough for several years.