IGNORED

Simon peter

mike033089

12 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

Can't get that at Targeteers!

10 hours ago, Hunter115522 said:

Couldn't agree more. Bought 1 bow there and would never step foot back. Staff was downright nasty, arrogant, and condescending. 

I had wondered if I had an isolated bad experience at Targeteers. Guess not.

A couple days before my young son had that great experience at Simon Peter, I took him to Targeteers. We were living in Union County at the time, and some people on NJH were saying good things about them. They pretty much ignored my son and I. One guy sitting there eating, another guy BSing with a customer. We left. Never went back.

7 minutes ago, Jim_ said:

I had wondered if I had an isolated bad experience at Targeteers. Guess not.

A couple days before my young son had that great experience at Simon Peter, I took him to Targeteers. We were living in Union County at the time, and some people on NJH were saying good things about them. They pretty much ignored my son and I. One guy sitting there eating, another guy BSing with a customer. We left. Never went back.

Your experience sounds almost identical to mine. They acted like they couldn't be bothered, and when they finally did decide to help they acted like they were doing me a huge favor by doing so. Zero customer service, or people skills. So many better options out there. 

10 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

Glad the business was sold to Tom......far better than previous owner

Rich and his dad were founders, Tommy bought his way in as partner later on, and eventually became sole owner.  Great success story on his part - starting out as a shop worker kid to eventual owner.   Just goes to show you with hard work and dedication anything is possible in America. 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I have been going to Simon Peter since around 1980 Myself. I have bought several Bows and a gun there. My two daughters I brought in young. Tommy spent good time with us. He introduced us to the the Mission Menace bows for the girls. The place has everything for all seasons Muzzleloader stuff and bow stuff just ask. Every time I ask for something I do not see they go upstairs and there it is they usually always have it. 

Edited by Liv2hunt

I Just want to Hunt...

We each have our own opinions. Simon Peter charges $140 for firearms transfers for firearms not purchased at their store. That is downright ridiculous. To each their own.........not a place I will shop. Plenty of other places that are far more reasonable. I shopped there when their original location was in Franklin, NJ  AND they were the only show in town. They were far mor fair monetarily then.  When they moved to Andover and became a "bigger" store and there was little competition, their prices became insane. Lots of other stores that I choose to shop at. 

6 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

We each have our own opinions. Simon Peter charges $140 for firearms transfers for firearms not purchased at their store. That is downright ridiculous. To each their own.........not a place I will shop. Plenty of other places that are far more reasonable. I shopped there when their original location was in Franklin, NJ  AND they were the only show in town. They were far mor fair monetarily then.  When they moved to Andover and became a "bigger" store and there was little competition, their prices became insane. Lots of other stores that I choose to shop at. 

I never did a transfer but everything else is fairly priced. I went to Franklin store also when Dick owned and Rich and Tom, were young, Tom is a lot younger .The original store was Andover where it is now. , Franklin was satellite store almost 40 years ago. Dick wanted to try to expand Plan was for Rich to run that and Dick to run Andover or vise or versa. . Dick was very good with fishing. Rich was good with Bows and building arrows. Both good with Guns,The store was not open that long .  Dick and Rich his son were good people .When Dick retired not to long after  Tom became partner. Rich retired and I am very happy Tom took over and they did not close up. Tom had to buy it.  /Tom Knows Bows, One of the best around. Tom and the staff are also good people. I hope the shop stays open for another 40 plus  years. 

On 9/29/2023 at 10:24 AM, Liv2hunt said:

I have been going to Simon Peter since around 1980 Myself. I have bought several Bows and a gun there. My two daughters I brought in young. Tommy spent good time with us. He introduced us to the the Mission Menace bows for the girls. The place has everything for all seasons Muzzleloader stuff and bow stuff just ask. Every time I ask for something I do not see they go upstairs and there it is they usually always have it. 

Right around the time actually probably even earlier. I hunted a farm just down the road at the railroad tracks across from the bus company. Owner  took a trip to Florida never to be heard or seen from again .Them were my good old days when you went to Simon Peter to line up  waiting to check your buck in get out of the truck and walk and talk to the other hunters.

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt