IGNORED

Sunday afternoon stripers

bucky

Good job!  I was out there and did not fare as well.  Our reliable 9" Tsunami shads were not getting any love, and could not buy a hit on spoons. I stubbornly refused to troll but now regret it.  I found some blowing up on way out at 10am halfway of the Earle, and had a good one blow up on my 9" white stick bait at the boat.  The fight was on but not to be as it threw the plug.  Saw some decent marks but could not get any more to hit.  Went out to the fleet amid a lot of solid marks but seemed the morning bite had died.   Kept working the marks even after tide turned but would not hit a thing.  Trollers picking at them.  I ran out to the rips and got a 32" to eat a 9" shad and a few followers...   Went back to middle of bay to find sporadic marks where @rgw was doing ok trolling, and first cast hooked up on the shad but lost it.    Saw charter guy doing well with live bunker but I could not find the right conditions to net or snag any.    Ran back outside at 4pm and found acres of bass boiling on bunker and we got 3 hookups on the topwaters one broke off a $20 plug dammit!     So 3 of 6 after two solid trips with big numbers - still a great day with my son.   I probably should have pulled the shad umbrellas and a stretch.  I don't own any mojos because I hate trolling but some days it just makes sense.  I would have stayed on those feeding fish at 5pm but the heavy fog bank rolled in and I could not see them anymore nor could I see a boat even 50 yards away so without radar- headed in to port.   Only moved back into Bay a mile and it was clear sunny skies... Crazy

image_50421505.JPG

image_67167233.JPG

image_67194881.JPG

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I saw you guys out there, noticed the Keywest first, your son looked familiar from NJWW pics and then I saw the new top and that confirmed it was you. You drove right past me  and I waved to your son but you Taylor Hammers must not be friendly because he didn't wave back...lol As far as trolling goes its not my favorite but I will not leave home without mojos, buy yourself a medium size counter reel and a medium heavy rods, unlike like some of the tuna trolling set ups I see out there ..haha I found a lot of bunkers in the back but didn't have my net man aboard, they were in 10 ft a water on the bottom, tried to snag a few but didn't want to waste time. Ended my day at 6;30 ,when I drove past Morgan Creek on 35 the fog was so thick I couldn't see the bay:eek: My buddy was out on a charter and sent me this pic he took of the SS Minnow in action, sorry about the spot burn:rofl:

tinboatonbay.jpeg.120b0edea27bd3c2c8bc28a4235dbb0c.jpeg

Edited by bucky

On 4/17/2023 at 5:30 AM, bucky said:

Did a solo afternoon trip in the tin boat and the stripers were hungry , boated 17 and lost a few. All caught on white Mojo's except two that were caught on a spoon. Fog bank threatened me a couple of times but it went away as fast as it came, nice afternoon otherwise!

sundaystripes.jpg.22e3ef3315ff456c8e1a04f93e027928.jpg

It's not safe for you to go alone. Next time I will chaperone....