IGNORED

Wow. Just wow

Denny

1 minute ago, Sako76 said:

I don't understand how the CO's let them leave with ducks they shot when they didn't have a Federal duck stamp? 

If it's legal to hunt there, I support hunting there.

My guess is they baught stamp online and didn't have it in possession and it needs to be signed to be valid.  Can't be signed if it's not in posession

52 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Because we as hunters allowed it to happen.

They didn't forget hunting they can't stop hunting.  If it's town land yes they can say no hunting from beach but one could put a kyak in and hunt the hi tide line

We did allow it to happen. I remember hearing guys apologize for being a hunter. "I am sorry you do not like it." WTF. I worked in the pet industry for 9 years and when called for an interview I asked the district manager if me being a hunter would be an issue. My second interview was with regional HR and I asked the same thing before starting the interview.  I met a lot of tree huggers during my time there. I educated many and some then supported what I did even though they admitted they could never do it. Others would walk away and simply say but I think it is still wrong. But I did not hide that I was a hunter nor did I apologize for what role I play in conservation. But have heard others apologize.  

And to your other point. I used to walk out of my aunt/uncle's house in Elmira, NY in the 70's with an uncased shotgun, walk around the corner, through the parking lot of the minor league stadium and start hunting along the river. Now the swat team would converge. We need to normalize it again.

46 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

We did allow it to happen. I remember hearing guys apologize for being a hunter. "I am sorry you do not like it." WTF. I worked in the pet industry for 9 years and when called for an interview I asked the district manager if me being a hunter would be an issue. My second interview was with regional HR and I asked the same thing before starting the interview.  I met a lot of tree huggers during my time there. I educated many and some then supported what I did even though they admitted they could never do it. Others would walk away and simply say but I think it is still wrong. But I did not hide that I was a hunter nor did I apologize for what role I play in conservation. But have heard others apologize.  

And to your other point. I used to walk out of my aunt/uncle's house in Elmira, NY in the 70's with an uncased shotgun, walk around the corner, through the parking lot of the minor league stadium and start hunting along the river. Now the swat team would converge. We need to normalize it again.

Good luck with that...   This ain't the 70s.....  I guess my common sense is different than yours.  And the game wardens saw it that way too by writing a lame ticket for the non display of licence..    The same dumbasses  who hunted here should just go shoot the dock ducks in the built blind that's infront of the public boat ramp in barnegat light that's 451 feet from the houses. At least there your shooting away from houses and walking paths and you need some sort of vessel to access.  And your tidal.   I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same rocktard...

I get the other side of the argument - I really do. It is affecting me right now. I have that spot I talked about last year (the one where I got my PB buck last year and where I also bagged a turkey and watched a dozen turkeys surround me as I videoed them) - this spot is a gold mine. It's beautiful. Dozens of undeveloped acreage. It is also a spot, shall we say, surrounded by karens and old ladies walking their dogs on the outskirts. I already know I probably have a problem here knowing the kind of people here - and if the wrong person sees me hunting here they are going to go to the town and try to shut hunting down. It is not state land, but today it is perfectly legal to hunt it (I read the ordinances, and talked to a CO about it). But I need to be careful. I wanted to hunt it this past January, but it was too warm and too many busy-bodies walking around. Could I have hunted it? Sure. But we are surrounded by anti-hunt / anti-gun people who would like nothing better than to run to a town council (if they aren't already on it!) and do everything they can to shut it down, if they know it is going on. The way the world is.

So, I just bide my time. I'm going to wait, skip deer this year, and go in with a bow during turkey season and take one of those nice Toms I saw last year. Then I'll put the bird in my backpack and slink my way out, and try to be unnoticed. :bolt:Sucks to have to do it, but that's how its got to be because I know where the wind is blowing and what the outcome would be if I become too in-your-face about hunting here.

36 minutes ago, Denny said:

Good luck with that...   This ain't the 70s.....  I guess my common sense is different than yours.  And the game wardens saw it that way too by writing a lame ticket for the non display of licence..    The same dumbasses  who hunted here should just go shoot the dock ducks in the built blind that's infront of the public boat ramp in barnegat light that's 451 feet from the houses. At least there your shooting away from houses and walking paths and you need some sort of vessel to access.  And your tidal.   I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same rocktard...

Legal is legal.  If we give up every spot that someone might see us we wouldn't be able to hunt.  I'm willing to bet if they had stamps in order they would have gotten zero tickets

I had an issue with a town that had a no discharge ordinance but I was on the other side of creek in another town they couldn't do any thing but they tried

Edited by vdep217

3 hours ago, vdep217 said:

Because we as hunters allowed it to happen. 

It goes wayyy beyond than that. The feminization of America is what's really to blame. Broken homes with no father figure to get kids into hunting. The anti-gun culture that's so prevalent. City people moving into rural areas, the list goes on, and on. 

Like it or not, the reality is society (at least in this area) looks down on hunting, and considers it some kind of weird, barbaric activity. 

Sure, some of these spots may be legal to hunt, but no one should be surprised when there's public backlash. It's the world we live in now. 

11 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

It goes wayyy beyond than that. The feminization of America is what's really to blame. Broken homes with no father figure to get kids into hunting. The anti-gun culture that's so prevalent. City people moving into rural areas, the list goes on, and on. 

Like it or not, the reality is society (at least in this area) looks down on hunting, and considers it some kind of weird, barbaric activity. 

Sure, some of these spots may be legal to hunt, but no one should be surprised when there's public backlash. It's the world we live in now. 

Let’s not forget guys among us with life time record of voting for liberals and their causes. This is how we got here! 

1 hour ago, Denny said:

451 feet from house makes it 1000 percent legal. 

1 hour ago, Denny said:

Yup back in the 70's we displayed our kills on our vehicles. hanging them from trees in the yard, etc.  Today we hide all that. You may think it is a retarded spot to hunt but obviously to those guys it wasn't. What do you care where they hunt? It may be a spot that is probably going to cause headaches to anyone that hunts it but as long as they are legally licensed (not like this group) they have every right to legally hunt where they choose. Who cares who sees them. That is the point. If you think we should hide in the shadows you are entitled to that opinion. But you are doing our community a disservice. Being seen. Being responsible. Let a tree hugger call the police. I would then call the CO. I bet you I know who wins.  You are willing to make hunting taboo which it is not.  

9 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

Yup back in the 70's we displayed our kills on our vehicles. hanging them from trees in the yard, etc.  Today we hide all that. You may think it is a retarded spot to hunt but obviously to those guys it wasn't. What do you care where they hunt? It may be a spot that is probably going to cause headaches to anyone that hunts it but as long as they are legally licensed (not like this group) they have every right to legally hunt where they choose. Who cares who sees them. That is the point. If you think we should hide in the shadows you are entitled to that opinion. But you are doing our community a disservice. Being seen. Being responsible. Let a tree hugger call the police. I would then call the CO. I bet you I know who wins.  You are willing to make hunting taboo which it is not.  

2932166B-0F50-4CE8-99A8-9AC2F93198F0.jpeg

I will say, as someone who didnt grow up in a hunting family or know a single person who hunted, I really don’t think  most people are anti. In my experience the vast majority of people I bump into are all for hunting in some capacity. All my friends and family are fascinated and encourage what I do, I wear my hunting apparel while I work and usually leads to positive conversations. The big problem is that the Karen’s and anti’s know how to make their voice heard, just my opinion.