IGNORED

Wow. Just wow

Denny

Before the farmer passed and the property got sold and someone else got it I had a goose field that was very consistent. Once or twice a week we could go shoot easy limits (back during the 3 bird limit). The adjoining landowner was a big PETA member. He’d call every time we hunted. Cops would show up, confirm we were not doing anything wrong and leave after a pleasant exchange. Eventually we got tired of this and we called fish and game. The CO came, confirmed we were 100% legal then went and talked to the adjoining landowner and explained our rights and that what he was doing was harassment and would be ticketed if it continued. We won, that field still is hunted to this day. 

The CO from the barnegat incident surely knew this would be high profile so most likely did his job to the strictest letter of the law to avoid backlash. Can’t blame the guy. But to sit here and tell people they are retarded for exercising their rights is silly at best. Like I said, if you don’t want the hassle or doesn’t fit your comfort zone I understand and respect that but let’s stop putting our own down. 

if this goes before town council I wouldn’t be surprised to see this thread mentioned by the antis. “See, even hunters think this is too dangerous and should be shut down” they will say. We need to stop shooting our selves in the foot

Edited by Bubblehead

14 hours ago, Denny said:

Good luck with that...   This ain't the 70s.....  I guess my common sense is different than yours.  And the game wardens saw it that way too by writing a lame ticket for the non display of licence..    The same dumbasses  who hunted here should just go shoot the dock ducks in the built blind that's infront of the public boat ramp in barnegat light that's 451 feet from the houses. At least there your shooting away from houses and walking paths and you need some sort of vessel to access.  And your tidal.   I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same rocktard...

I get your point in all of this but are you aware of NY’s on the water waterfowl regs when hunting in a boat?  Forget about 450 feet. Look it up. They are legal and the same should be allowed here but it’s not.