IGNORED

Slow Hunt-Rut OVer

DGHUNT10

3 minutes ago, Livesintrees said:

In my area. The rut is nearly non existent during daylight with the temps. Once 7pm hits you can stand outside and hear the insanity in the woods. Cold temps hitting the next day or so will have it explode again. It certainly isn’t over. Just not what we “expect” to see on a large scale. Some of the best hunts I can remember took place from the week of thanksgiving through the week of six day. As a new hunter my advice to you is just go out and hunt. Way to much garbage information on the internet to sift through to find the good stuff. And if you think success will be instant or guaranteed, this sport isn’t for you. 

This is really helpful and appreciate the help.

25 minutes ago, DGHUNT10 said:

I agree with that idea just with video i posted shows them active at 10am when its 70 outside

One thing you’ll learn also, is to not take a very small sample snapshot of activity and determine overall activity from that. 
There will always be exceptions to the general rules, once you learn to decipher  what you’re seeing, and how it applies to general activity, you’ll become more efficient with your approach. 
It will take many hours, days, weeks of field experience in order to put it all together, or, you may go out one time and luck into one, enjoy!

The rut for me is the most frustrating time to hunt. Really no rhyme or reason as to when and where. I like patterns. After looking through pictures most of my archery “rut” bucks were shot between November 11 to Thanksgiving. In 2019 I shot a buck on Dec 31st that was grunting and running a group of does like one was in the heat. 

I am the Lorax - I speak for the trees. 

32 minutes ago, Ron said:

The rut for me is the most frustrating time to hunt. Really no rhyme or reason as to when and where. I like patterns. After looking through pictures most of my archery “rut” bucks were shot between November 11 to Thanksgiving. In 2019 I shot a buck on Dec 31st that was grunting and running a group of does like one was in the heat. 

Hunt the does.  When u get several bucks on cam in a short time hunt

Yup to all the advice. Today I had more action than my entire rutcation two weeks ago. Just takes one hot doe.  Cannot predict mother nature and i prefer it that way.  Bucks are still rutting ,  cruising and breeding.  This coming week should be good with temps going deep south. Boots in stand will pay out sooner or latter.

7 hours ago, Pathman said:

It’s all weather related, cold weather, daylight activity, warm weather, night time activity. 

They are going to chase and lockdown a doe whether it’s 70 or 20.

when the doe is ready so will he be.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Its not over yet, put the time in and you will see them.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

13 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

They are going to chase and lockdown a doe whether it’s 70 or 20.

when the doe is ready so will he be.

Agreed but the weather does effect the time of day they move. I truly believe when it's warm, they are rutting overnight. The cold temps make them slip up during daylight.