IGNORED

Slow Hunt-Rut OVer

DGHUNT10

3 hours ago, Pathman said:

You’re missing the point, we’re not saying breeding doesn’t take place, or the chase doesn’t happen, what we’re saying is when it’s very warm, the majority will happen at night when it’s cooler. 
I think some of you are falling into the “I saw a buck chasing a doe, the rut is on” syndrome. Which only shows there is always an exception or an outlier situation, but I bet if you took a poll of everyone on this site they’d say over the last two weeks the action has been very slow. 

Just because guys aren’t seeing chasing also doesn’t mean it’s not happening somewhere else 

get inside a bedding area for a whole day sit , it’s non stop movement .

once the majority of does come in , bucks don’t need to search as hard to find his next piece .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

43 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Just because guys aren’t seeing chasing also doesn’t mean it’s not happening somewhere else 

get inside a bedding area for a whole day sit , it’s non stop movement .

once the majority of does come in , bucks don’t need to search as hard to find his next piece .

That could be true as well, but most guys don’t hunt in Bedding areas, most wait for the bucks to come out of bedding areas to chase does, and they’re just less Likely to venture out when it’s too warm. 
If you’re talking about doe bedding areas, sure, if a buck is in the middle of it he’ll chase, but again, less likely during hot weather. 

11 minutes ago, Pathman said:

That could be true as well, but most guys don’t hunt in Bedding areas, most wait for the bucks to come out of bedding areas to chase does, and they’re just less Likely to venture out when it’s too warm. 
If you’re talking about doe bedding areas, sure, if a buck is in the middle of it he’ll chase, but again, less likely during hot weather. 

And “those guys” miss 60% of the rut. Hot weather has an impact and night activity will increase but a hot doe will get chased within the bedding area all day. A bucks urge to get some will keep him after her in any weather. The guys outside the bedding area will never even know that is going on

AWM

I went out to a property that I haven't hunted in a few years in Zone 8 and I immediately saw several bucks chasing a doe for the most part of the afternoon. I saw a total of 8 bucks a 4 does. I'll be back again later this week. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

2 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

And “those guys” miss 60% of the rut. Hot weather has an impact and night activity will increase but a hot doe will get chased within the bedding area all day. A bucks urge to get some will keep him after her in any weather. The guys outside the bedding area will never even know that is going on

No argument there, as I said a few posts back, there’s always exceptions to the general rules, and in general, it’s widely excepted that hot weather will  kill much of daylight chasing and seeking.  

34 minutes ago, megavites said:

just had a big 7pt daylight this morning

Cooler temps should significantly increase daytime activity. 
So, for anyone who is still a novice like the OP, you can Google “how does warm weather affect daytime rutting activity” (not, does warm weather affect the rut), I think the latter is what is causing some of the experienced guys here confusion, given their responses to some of the posts. 
There is a huge distinction between “warm weather curtailing daytime  rut activity” and “warm weather affecting the rut.” 
Huge difference in what each of those statements means. We all agree the breeding happens no matter what, that’s a given, again, that’s not what we’re talking about, we’re talking about daytime rut activity, ie, seeking, chasing, cruising etc. 

I challenge anybody here to provide a link to a study, or opinion piece from a noted whitetail hunter, that states “warmer than normal temps have no impact on daytime rut activity.” 
You show me that and I’ll buy you a beer!

In the meantime, Google what I mentioned above and see for yourself. 
Or take a look at this article by a well known whitetail hunter. 

https://www.whitetailhabitatsolutions.com/blog/warm-weather-rut-hunting-tactics

I've killed rutted up bucks from Thanksgiving to Shotgun Buck week. It's not "over" until the Does stop coming into estrous. Most will come in around the same two week or so time frame, but others will come in later based on age and weight. Forget all you read about the "two best days to hunt" and get into your stand as much as possible. Morning, afternoon, or mid-day.  My 2 cents. 

4 hours ago, archer36 said:

I've killed rutted up bucks from Thanksgiving to Shotgun Buck week. It's not "over" until the Does stop coming into estrous. Most will come in around the same two week or so time frame, but others will come in later based on age and weight. Forget all you read about the "two best days to hunt" and get into your stand as much as possible. Morning, afternoon, or mid-day.  My 2 cents. 

Agree. When the last doe is bred in a specific area, then the "rut" will be over. However, the historical "primary rut" for most of the northeast is the last week of October through mid November. A few days ago I posted a pic of a 6 to 8 week old old fawn which equates to her mother being bred late March to early April. I only have one pic of "her" as I believe her mother was probably pushed out of her home range.

45 minutes ago, DGHUNT10 said:

Just trying to learn more and was wondering the best way to determine where exactly deer are coming from and how to find their bedding? Pretty broad question but will take any help i can get. Thanks

Watch:

"The Hunting Public"

"The Hunting Beast"

" Whitetail Habitat Solutions"

"Midwest Whitetail"

51 minutes ago, DGHUNT10 said:

Just trying to learn more and was wondering the best way to determine where exactly deer are coming from and how to find their bedding? Pretty broad question but will take any help i can get. Thanks

-Sit in your stand and watch where they come from

-put out cameras

- this time of year look at disturbed leaves . You can see the fresh oaths taken, especially by bucks

- always think " what's the safest and least strenuous way to get from a to b," and often your fellow mammals will be agreeing w you 

-for bedding, look for dense stands of multiflora rose, autumn olive, and stilt grass. Or a curve In a stream, somewhere where it's hard to sneak up on whoeveres there