IGNORED

Butcher Prices

BEAR

21 minutes ago, Dominant buck said:

I take mind to big dog butchering in central nj.

I did many myself, but I have too many nosey neighbors these days who already think I'm a barbarian just for hunting, they would probably protest and picket my house if they saw or heard that I butcher my own deer.  It's a shame and far cry on where we are today in society. 

Actually the far cry Is that your allowing it .

means they are winning 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

My friend who lives in Bloomfield was harassed for years by his neighbor she called the police on him he knew some of the police they checked out the deer everything's legal there's no law against it. He finally took her to court the judge ordered remediation, she was ordered to stop harassing him she never bothered him again.

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

I understand you want to keep the peace, but it's costing you money now if you are forced to take to a butcher rather than doing it at home because of the neighbors. Screw that.

I'm lucky in that my neighbor across the street likes coming over and checking out the deer I got hanging in the garage and wants to hear the story. He used to hunt a long time ago, but no longer. My other neighbors - haven't heard a peep, so I have no idea how they feel about it. I just got new neighbors this week, also across the street (next to my hunter-friendly neighbor) - 2 young married kids. Will be interesting to find out what their reaction will be if/when I hang up my next deer :) 

15 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

You can buy house grade machines for around 500 now that will last a lifetime 

bags are under a nickel , that’s where real savings are .

.and until you have seen the difference in the end product you won’t get it .

.a food saver doesn’t come close to removing the air as it should .

.I can package , wet foods , soups , sauces , marinades etc .

‘you can’t do any of that with a food saver 

I know you have before but would you recommend a few machines to check out.  This is the year I need to start doing my own.  I have done them before but always had it skinned and quartered first.  That is what I need to learn.  

Thanks for any recs Hammer.

45 minutes ago, Tuck said:

I know you have before but would you recommend a few machines to check out.  This is the year I need to start doing my own.  I have done them before but always had it skinned and quartered first.  That is what I need to learn.  

Thanks for any recs Hammer.

I currently use 2 different ones .

‘Vacmaster 215 is the better of the 2. .. it needs its own spot on the counter as you don’t want to move it around 

the other is an avid armour USV32.

the 32 is a lot lighter and a smaller foot print .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

2 hours ago, Dominant buck said:

I did many myself, but I have too many nosey neighbors these days who already think I'm a barbarian just for hunting, they would probably protest and picket my house if they saw or heard that I butcher my own deer.  It's a shame and far cry on where we are today in society. 

I totally understand this Sir! While my son and I were butchering his deer one morning, we had a van load of school kids stop by. The assistant asked if we minded them watching for a bit, the kids have never seen a deer butchered before. I could hear the kids asking questions, then they thanked us and drove away. All around a pretty cool experience. My wife told me if we were still in Jersey, they probably would have called the cops.

1 hour ago, DonW said:

I totally understand this Sir! While my son and I were butchering his deer one morning, we had a van load of school kids stop by. The assistant asked if we minded them watching for a bit, the kids have never seen a deer butchered before. I could hear the kids asking questions, then they thanked us and drove away. All around a pretty cool experience. My wife told me if we were still in Jersey, they probably would have called the cops.

Yup. That's what happens when hunters are a small minority of the population. Understanding of these matters is tough. 

I do all my butchering myself. I can see how some feel like its a pain in the ass. Its become second nature to me. I can skin and quarter a deer in about an hour and change . My old man has an old coca cola fridge in his garage that we took the racks out of and we put all our deer in there after skinned and quartered  and let them chill and process them when we have time.  My foodsaver has saved me a thousand times over and I owe it nothing. I do find you need to squeeze the bags with your hands while sealing to get a real tight fit.   If i had the extra time I would defanitely offer my assistance to anyone that wanted to learn how to do it,  kids just have me running all around to all different sports so that makes it impossible.  

5 hours ago, Dominant buck said:

Not blaming you or judging I get it but on a larger scale I believe this us why we are where we are when I first started hunting you had to have a part of the deer visible and very little complaints.  You had to go to a check station even non hunters got involved buying sussesful hunters a beer etc.  Now you can't have a part of the deer shoeing people complain when they see a hanging deer we have been shunned and it's our own fault for letting it happen.  My neighbor calls every tear when I hang one there is nothing illegal about it.  When somthing is common place it gets over looked.  Take for example permit to carry.  I will guarantee there will be a million calls for someone carrying a gun now that you can get a permit when someone sees it.  Go acrossed the bridge to pa and other states that carrying a gun is an every day occurrence no one even thinks twice

On 8/15/2022 at 8:58 AM, vdep217 said:

I've put this offer out before and will again any one who wants to learn to butcher their own I will show you.  You can watch me do one of mine or we can do one of yours can use my hanger at home.  I have slicer grinder and vacuum sealer you bring the bags.  I'm in toms river

Anyway you could drag out my deer, butcher, & package for me? I will watch the first few times. 

9 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Sure the butchering is free dragging out on the other hand wasn't offered but for the low low price of 150 dollars plus 50 cents a mile for me to get there n home sure

I think you should see the area first. One of the places I hunt is a tangled mess and uphill in some spots. Your cost would be a deal. :rofl:

My other spot is flat and open woods. A piece of cake. 

Edited by archer36

10 minutes ago, archer36 said:

I think you should see the area first. One of the places I hunt is a tangled mess and uphill in some spots. Your cost would be a deal. :rofl:

My other spot is flat and open woods. A piece of cake. 

Can't be worse than some of my spots ask @deadonshot2I'm sure he still regrets offering to get mine out last year n that was 4 of us lol

24 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Can't be worse than some of my spots ask @deadonshot2I'm sure he still regrets offering to get mine out last year n that was 4 of us lol

Vito you are a good guy. I would have done the next day if you killed another back there.  I have dragged deer out for guys I did not even know. It is what outdoors people do, support other outdoors folks.