IGNORED

We may be able to carry concealed in NJ soon...

23 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

June 24, 2022. At the close of business today, and in light of the Bruen decision, the New Jersey Attorney General issued a directive to law enforcement agencies and prosecutors mandating that NJ carry permit applications now be processed WITHOUT an applicant having to prove "justifiable need."

CLICK HERE to see a copy of the directive.

The effect of this directive is to remove any doubt that the Bruen decision applies in New Jersey, and that someone applying for a concealed carry permit in the Garden State need only satisfy typical requirements, such as:

1.        Passing state-mandated background checks.

2.        Submitting three references.

3.        Satisfying the state-mandated training requirement for carry permits.

While Gov. Murphy has announced that he intends to try to limit carry in every way possible, whatever actions he tries to take will have to pass Constitutional muster under Bruen. Today's announcement by the Attorney General is nothing short of EARTH-SHAKING and represents the culmination of decades of incredibly difficult work by gun owners.

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERY HONEST GUN OWNER IN NEW JERSEY!

I hope this is right ,I am starting to get my hopes up . Never thought I would see it in NJ . 

Please take this with a grain of salt. When I was an officer I carried off duty, and GOD FORBID I shot someone whether they survived or not and it was 110% justified I could still be sued in civil court with a 50/50 chance of losing, and with losing I could lose everything I earned, same as if I worked and it could happen now that I'm a civilian. The difference between the time I worked and now, my union would pay for my legal defense, now I would have to pay for it, and the stress of possibly losing everything I earned would be off the charts. I'm not sure how many people here drew a weapon on a person, I did my second year on the job, and I wasn't nervous at all until we had the suspect cuffed and then it set in, that I could have taken a person's life.....So I understand that many want to carry for self-protection and I fully support and respect that of you, but also don't think it's all that and a bag of chips, it comes with a great deal of responsibility  

4 hours ago, buckhound said:

https://www.nj.com/politics/2022/06/murphy-wants-to-ban-guns-at-nj-hospitals-public-transit-bars-and-more-after-supreme-court-ruling.html

Murphy wants to ban guns at N.J. hospitals, public transit, bars, and more after Supreme Court ruling

A day after a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that could make it easier to carry a gun in America, Gov. Phil Murphy on Friday said New Jersey officials will seek to expand the public places where firearms are not allowed in New Jersey — including hospitals, public transit, bars, government buildings, and more.

Murphy, a Democrat who has long been a proponent of tough gun laws, signed an executive order directing state departments and agencies to review all statutes, rules, and regulations to see “what steps they can take to prevent gun violence.” That includes whether they can designate certain areas as “gun-free” and regulate how firearms are “carried, transported, or conveyed,” the governor said.

You have a right to breathe, just not in this building. 

1 hour ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

June 24, 2022. At the close of business today, and in light of the Bruen decision, the New Jersey Attorney General issued a directive to law enforcement agencies and prosecutors mandating that NJ carry permit applications now be processed WITHOUT an applicant having to prove "justifiable need."

The effect of this directive is to remove any doubt that the Bruen decision applies in New Jersey, and that someone applying for a concealed carry permit in the Garden State need only satisfy typical requirements, such as:

While Gov. Murphy has announced that he intends to try to limit carry in every way possible, whatever actions he tries to take will have to pass Constitutional muster under Bruen. Today's announcement by the Attorney General is nothing short of EARTH-SHAKING and represents the culmination of decades of incredibly difficult work by gun owners.

Do you have a link to this?

I'm your Huckleberry :devious:

2 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Great info HH, thanks

Under AG directive:

Firearms Familiarity. The agency shall not approve a permit unless the applicant
demonstrates “that he is thoroughly familiar with the safe handling and use of
handguns,” in accordance with N.J.A.C. 13:54-2.4(b).

Do we have to show familiarity at a range or in my case at the State Police barracks?

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

5 minutes ago, hostak126 said:

Under AG directive:

Firearms Familiarity. The agency shall not approve a permit unless the applicant

Do we have to show familiarity at a range or in my case at the State Police barracks?

I was wondering the same. I looked up NJAC 13:54-2.4(b). See below  

13:54-2.4 Application for a permit to carry a handgun
(a) Every person applying for a permit to carry a handgun shall furnish such information and particulars as set forth in the application form designated SP 642. The application shall be signed by the applicant under oath and shall be endorsed by three reputable persons who have known the applicant for at least three years preceding the date of application, and who shall also certify thereon that the applicant is a person of good moral character and behavior. Applications can be obtained at police departments and State Police stations.
(b) Each applicant shall demonstrate a thorough familiarity with the safe handling and use of handguns by indicating in the space provided therefor on the application form, and on any sworn attachments thereto, any relevant information. Thorough familiarity with the safe handling and use of handguns may be evidenced by:
1. Completion of a firearms training course substantially equivalent to the firearms training approved by the Police Training Commission as described by N.J.S.A. 2C:39-6j;
2. Submission of an applicant's most recent handgun qualification scores utilizing the handgun(s) he or she intends to carry as evidenced by test firings administered by a certified firearms instructor of a police academy, a certified firearms instructor of the National Rifle Association, or any other recognized certified firearms instructor;
3. Completion of a course or test in the safe handling of a handgun administered by a certified firearms instructor of a police academy, a certified firearms instructor of the National Rifle Association, or any other recognized certified firearms instructor; or
4. Passage of any test in this State's laws governing the use of force administered by a certified instructor of a police academy, a certified instructor of the National Rifle Association, or any other recognized certified instructor.
(c) Where available, the information in (b) above shall be accompanied and validated by certifications of the appropriate instructor(s). In the absence of, or in addition to (b)1 through 4 above, the applicant shall provide any other available and accurate information which may evidence his or her proficiency in the safe handling and use of firearms, including most recent handgun qualification scores and whether he or she utilized the handgun(s) he or she intends to carry, courses attended in the safe handling and use of firearms, and extent of knowledge, however gained, of this State's laws pertaining to the use of force in the defense of person and property.

I'm your Huckleberry :devious:

6 minutes ago, hostak126 said:

Under AG directive:

Probably have to qualify twice a year, like police.