IGNORED

Serious fluke question

JHbowhunter

If the new regs of two summer flounder 17” to less than 18” plus one fish 18” or over holds up………….

Fast forward to an all day trip.  Your very first fish is 18, 19 or even 20”.   

what would you do?  Box it or let it go holding out for something bigger ?

me personally - I think an “early in the day fish” that was just over 18” would go back.  A 22” or bigger might get boxed.  Later in the trip - 18.5” is probably going in the box depending how they are chewing. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

7 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

P.S. I'm always looking for a 10#+ (which I never catch), I'm good with keeping my 2 and going home with my 2 unless I catch an 18"+ on the very last drift.

At least the new regs will assure that I will finally catch that DD fluke - because it will only happen after I kill one 18” or over!  Will be happy to release it though 

I shot a big 10pt once….

Depends on the day and how long I have to fish that day. Also I’d only release while fish is in the water. But glad to grab my two slots and one over and leave unless a fishing partner is struggling. Fluke to me is about tablefare and smaller fluke simply taste better. If you choose to just target larger fish for your limit you’re pretty much targeting females and not helping the fishery IMO

Edited by MGHunter66

AWM

1 minute ago, FishNHard said:

Thats why you always bring a buddy who dont catch shit ,so when you keep that 19 inch and the you wind up bagging a DD later on your buddy will enjoy that 19 fish for dinner LOL

Yeah but that is usually why my buddies BRING ME!!!!

I shot a big 10pt once….