IGNORED

Neighbor's Dogs Went After My Wife & Puppy

BHC

My wife was outside yesterdayc around 4:30 pm with the puppy on a leash on our front lawn and BSing with my neighbor from across the street, they both heard the dogs and turned and saw them coming but they closed  the distance fast. My wife is slow to react cause of her past skeleton issues. She screamed as well as my neighbor she was BSing with. She pulled the puppy up and kicked the one aggressive dog, the other slowed down but continued to advance, that's when the owners came out. They asked if she was OK but my wife was physically shaken she was attacked by a Sheppard back in her teens . Took her to the hospital,  torn rotater. My other neighbor heard the news and called and showed up when we got home, she said the dog owners will stop by tonight 

I used to live in the "hood".   at the time my girl had a dauschund. When I would walk him there was a few times pitbulls almost got him (people had them unleashed or in a half assed porch enclosure lol.) I started walking around double wristband throwing knives and a big craftsman screwdriver lol. I remember hearing a guy yell "hey put the dog away that scorpion looking mfer is coming!!" Hope your wife is OK. 

3 minutes ago, JD48 said:

Hope wife feels better, do you think the dogs were going after your wife or the puppy or both? anybody else have problems with these dogs prior? owners need to be more responsible

I think some are just irresponsible. Some underestimate the strength and ability of their pup to escape. And some just don't understand the primal nature of dogs. Ie my dog wouldn't hurt anyone or thing. Mine either until u put a rabbit or any other small creature near him he loses his mind!

16 minutes ago, Nadornati said:

Accidents happen. 

she tore her rotator cuff during this event ? 

Yes, accident it wasn't...if they would keep the gate closed to their backyard this would of been avoided 

If your insurance is gonna want their info for a claim you better contact the police  file an incident report with witness listed.  Sucks but it is what it is. 

Dogs off leash or uncontrolled is a pet peeve of mine.  Even though my kids are older now I'm still a complete dick to people when they aren't doing the right thing with their ANIMAL. Amazing how fast they leash their dog when I tell them I will rip your dog in half if it touches my kid. 

So many bad dog owners everywhere.   I see it every day.  Folks have no idea what it means to own a dog or train a dog.  99.9% of the time these types of incidents are not the dog's fault.  

Hopefully your wife will be ok.  I would make some sort of arrangement with the dog owners, in writing and possibly even contact a lawyer at this time.  If the owners have a history of not being responsible with their dogs, try to see how you can have that documented as well

39 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

So many bad dog owners everywhere.   I see it every day.  Folks have no idea what it means to own a dog or train a dog.  99.9% of the time these types of incidents are not the dog's fault.  

Hopefully your wife will be ok.  I would make some sort of arrangement with the dog owners, in writing and possibly even contact a lawyer at this time.  If the owners have a history of not being responsible with their dogs, try to see how you can have that documented as well

Dogs are a lot of work for sure. We are pondering a new dog, most likely a rescue. But explaining to my family the responsibilities and  difficulties is exhausting. We have a dog that came with my Mother-in-Law when she moved in years ago. She is a smart, well trained pup with one flaw that being she has decided that I'm the main one in the family she wants to bond with and she hates my children.  Been this way for 12 years and she is not gonna change. 

My wife figures a new dog would be the best thing for all. I'm not so sure.

1 hour ago, BHC said:

One has pitbull mix, I believe they wanted the puppy....I found out there was another incident with a dog being walked by its owner a few years ago

If it went to court it'll be on record. Contact the prosecutor. If you file charges strike two the judge could have the dog put down. Peace of mind for your wife.., hope she feels better!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Sorry to hear about your wife. Dogs can snap just like humans. Back around 1990 my neighbor had a couple dogs. They 7 years old and one of the dogs tried to kill the other one despite living together all those years. 

I also had two neighbors with "friendly" dogs. As they chatted one dog literally lunged at other dog and bite off part of the dogs ear off.

Most people just haven't idea how important it is for a well trained animal. Many think their dog is fully trained because the dog sits on command in home. 

4 minutes ago, BHC said:

My wife and I don't see it as the dog's fault, but the owners fault. We just want them to apologize,  nothing more

Very nice of you keep the peace 👍:cheers:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt