IGNORED

King for a day - you revamp NJ deer regs

JHbowhunter

9 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I say that because there is no real quota system. Do you honestly think current deer management system is geared more towards science than it is about making $$$ ?   Think about fall bow, winter bow, 6-day as currently constructed. You can hunt any zone you want. But in all the various permit season - have to buy the zone. It’s contradictory.  For zones not “unlimited”; your doe limit resets with each season so what’s the point? Science or money?

Current system def is not about making money .

if was about money they would charge for each additional deer (per deer ) like mist states do

the buck tags are a penalty fee because they would prefer everyone shot more does .

pretty safe to say a good majority of hunters only eat 3-4  deer a season .

with liberal buck seasons most have no need to shoot a doe .

state wants does shot .

.if you just wanted to hunt for meat , cheap,  a bow license with one zone permit let’s you shoot as many does as you want . Less than 50 bucks a season to shoot does for over 5 months .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

2 buck tags, 2 doe tags. 1 buck tag has no antler restriction, 1 has 3-point minimum. Then you buy your weapon stamp (bow, shotgun) to use your total of 4 tags as you see fit.

Edit: wow I posted this without reading other comments, but seems many have similar ideas. I hope the decision makers (or their ears) spend any kind of time on this website, but I doubt it.

Edited by HighEndHooker

Option A:  NJ residents pay a $2 processing fee for hunting license.  Choose from archery, shotgun, or muzzleloader season.  Permit is included with license.  Limit is 2 antlerless deer for the season.

Option B:  Bucks.  NJ residents pay $400 for hunting license.  Choose from archery, shotgun, or muzzleloader season.  Permit is included with license.  Season limit is 1 antlered deer and 2 antlerless deer.

Option C: Wildlife damage control agent of state:  $2 processing fee.  Archery only.  Unlimited antlerless deer may be taken.  Areas of damage control operations to be updated daily via automated text message.  Group hunts organized by hunter elected body of concerned hunters.  Auto insurance companies pay $20 bounty on each deer carcass.

Option D: Nonresident hunting:  $1000 conservation hunting license fee.  Choose from archery, shotgun, or muzzleloader season.  Permit is included with license.  Season limit is 1 antlered deer and 2 antlerless deer.

I say no closed seasons-- hunt deer 12 months long. No bag limits. Kills as many deer as you want. Just kidding. The regs/season length/season limits are fine in the zone I hunt. I also hunted in a zone that was unlimited does and longer seasons and was fine with those seasons. There are some guys who kill everything they see but it never affected the overall numbers in that zone. But EHD this year had a major affect in that zone. That was the area in zone 48 I used to hunt.

1 hour ago, Coyoteslayer said:

Before I got to nj deer regs there would be quite a few public beheadings in the kingdom. It could take months to cleanse the state. Then the northern trout fishermen would grab their pitch forks and assemble an army after they saw the equality I bring to southern nj waters!

lol good luck. have fun watching dead floating trout in your hot muddy bottom ponds and lakes:popcorn:

9 minutes ago, Coyoteslayer said:

Fear not seized assets from traitors of the new king will pay for improvements to all southern lakes!!! The flat brook will be rerouted to flow through Gloucester County lol!!

i would be bored out of my mind, fishing for trout in a pond or lake. unless i was trolling for trout in a trophy trout like RV. 

17 minutes ago, Kype said:

i would be bored out of my mind, fishing for trout in a pond or lake. unless i was trolling for trout in a trophy trout like RV. 

I suspect enough people will be executed and their assets seized to make every lake in the south a trophy lake. The stocking list will look like this!!! 

Flat brook (215)

Grenloch lake (4500)

Iona lake (3500)

Greenwich lake (5800)

Musketong (150)