IGNORED

King for a day - you revamp NJ deer regs

JHbowhunter

HERE IS MINE.  LETS HEAR YOURS. I have put a lot of thought into this and my position is evolving.  

1. There shall be no word “unlimited” in any regulation set or zone 
  2. set antlerless quotas for a season per hunter per zone and not per weapon or season. (No resets)
  3. no more “general” license. You buy permits, per DMZ. One for archery one for firearms. There is no regular vs permit season. Just a permit. So archery opens once then ends once; etc
  4. firearms cover shotgun; straight wall rifle cartridge; and muzzy.  All are very ballistically similar now, all can be same season. (Yes add straight wall rifle) 
  5. provide multi-zone discounts 
  6. 2 bucks per hunter per year, irrespective of season or weapon. Each buck tag is ala carte and must be purchased before a set season not during. If necessary - a zone can limit a hunter to just one buck a year. 
  7. Seasons run 1/1 to 12/31 - no carryover 
  8. WMA’s and State land have their own quotas not to be mixed with private land. Same for Federal land.
  9. Sunday hunting - irrespective of weapon or season
  10. 6-day is now 7-day firearm. (Add Sunday). Normal doe quotas apply as per the hunter as per the zone but must have shotgun permit for zone you want to hunt. No more “can hunt any zone” with a license. 7-day to now start Sunday after Thanksgiving to give gun hunters a week earlier of what was bow and muzzy.  If you prefer PA - have at it. Archery can overlap into 7-day. 
  11. Give firearms another 4-day weekend the week after 7-day ends. Thursday-Sunday
  12. Archery is shortened to open the first Saturday of Fall and ends 12/31
  13. OPTIONAL - add winter archery and flintlock firearm starting 1/1 ending second Sunday of January.  However - these must be covered by the archery and/or firearm permits being carried over from prior year. In this case the deer season runs from 1st Saturday of fall to 2nd Sunday of January and not a calendar year but all other regs still apply
  14. I had to add archery bear week of Columbus Day and firearm bear open during all firearm days both with bear permit 

In summary you must have passed hunter safety to buy a deer permit. A permit covers a firearm or a bow for a zone. Provide multi-zone discounts. Real antlerless quotas per hunter per zone. Buck tags are optional and you can purchase zero, one, or two but must be purchased prior to the permit you purchase. I have added Sunday gun days.  I have shortened season overall. 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

1 minute ago, Pathman said:

Again with this?🤦‍♂️
you’re not gonna be king, and you’re not gonna change the regs, let it go buddy…😉

No I want YOU to be king. Write ‘em up!

I shot a big 10pt once….

Not biting, we can’t have what we all wish for as individuals, it’s a collective of hunters in Nj and everyone has their own idea of what it should be. 
So you want me to write something up?
OK, everyone hunts the way they want as long as they follow the current regulations. 

6 minutes ago, Pathman said:

Again with this?🤦‍♂️
you’re not gonna be king, and you’re not gonna change the regs, let it go buddy…😉

image.png.93aec36d25a3b9228d719c58391cfe31.pngagree enough Harris 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, Pathman said:

Not biting, we can’t have what we all wish for as individuals, it’s a collective of hunters in Nj and everyone has their own idea of what it should be. 
So you want me to write something up?
OK, everyone hunts the way they want as long as they follow the current regulations. 

If you like the current regs that is fine. No further comment needed. I do not like them they are not about science only about revenue but  my plan is a real quota and still allows for revenue - possibly more revenue.  

I shot a big 10pt once….

18 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

If you like the current regs that is fine. No further comment needed. I do not like them they are not about science only about revenue but  my plan is a real quota and still allows for revenue - possibly more revenue.  

I disagree, your regs are geared solely toward trophy hunting, and zero management/consideration for how others hunt, let alone science!
If you don’t want people to comment, then don’t post your thoughts and tell us to shut up!

Maybe that’s not your intention, but that’s how you come across, just making you aware. 

14 minutes ago, Pathman said:

I disagree, your regs are geared solely toward trophy hunting, and zero management/consideration for how others hunt, let alone science!
If you don’t want people to comment, then don’t post your thoughts and tell us to shut up!

Maybe that’s not your intention, but that’s how you come across, just making you aware. 

That is your interpretation. Anyone is free to comment with their proposals. It’s to gather opinions.  

I shot a big 10pt once….

1 license. Gun and bow.  Good from 6/1 to the following 6/1.  It gets you 2 bucks, 3 does, 2 turkeys. 

Bow season is mid September to mid November. Saturday after Thanksgiving til 12/31 is Gun season.  Deer drives on public land only done on Wednesdays and Fridays. Private land - unlimited driving.  

Bow season -xbow, bow, whatever.

Gun season- muzzy, shotgun, pistol, straight walled cartridges. 

January - archery and primitive weapons only.  

Turkey season- month of October(either sex)  and April(gobbler).  Any legal weapon.  

That's where I'd start.