IGNORED

EXCLUSIVE: NJW&W Gear seen in the wild

Haskell_Hunter

The site admins (I am not a part of that cult) have been busy working on some new gear that will be made available this fall only through giveaways and contests.  I was able to get a glimpse of it in the wild today, and let me tell you it's some excellent stuff!

Here is our very own @LPJRshowing off a Carhartt zip-up hoodie sweatshirt.  It's not just any sweatshirt, it's a Rain Defender Rutland Thermal-Lined Hooded Zip-Front Sweatshirt (<-- You can click that link)!  I have one (without the cool site logo) that I wear down to 35°F because it's so warm.  Great cold, damp morning sweatshirt for a fall bow or permit bow hunt.  Wear it out to your spot, and throw it in a bag as the sun gets higher in the sky.  And it's a Carhartt, so you know it's going to last even if you beat the crap out of it.

IMG_0530.thumb.jpeg.b599b0e6151d54e15514609b38c75b24.jpeg

The design team didn't want to sew a patch onto the sweatshirts.  They have a habit of curling on the corners and edges and eventually fall off.  The site logo is embroidered onto the sweatshirts, and the workmanship is very high quality (all embroidery labor is done in the US).  The admins also made a couple of different logos that they tested on some products last year, and decided on two variations.

Here is the larger logo with the site name on the sweatshirts:

64607141610__4ED2C619-E3D0-4542-A0CA-24D6B6E089B7.thumb.jpeg.fcd7e89c95be0adce49717940db85a82.jpeg

Looks great up close, and it looks great on @LPJR's sweatshirt in the photo above.  But the team didn't want to stop there.  They put a smaller logo onto hats, but these hats are amazing!

64607143935__0072EDD2-760F-4F09-BE96-76197D40DB11.thumb.jpeg.b3bdb1c715ebdca2969f4268f7e7b7ff.jpeg

The logo is embroidered onto the hats as well as a nice "make- @JHbowhunter-jealous" whitetail and rack scene on the side.  Of course this fully-adjustable hat wouldn't be complete without a camo brim.  Definitely a hat you can wear out to impress people, and don't forget that it has the exclusive NJW&W shield logo on it!

YOU CANNOT BUY THESE BRANDED ITEMS IN STORES!!!  HECK, THE SITE WON'T EVEN SELL THEM TO YOU!  They will be made exclusively available only through giveaways or site contests.  Perhaps some other gear may be made available during the NJ W&W Annual Christmas Party hidden in the stack of wrapped gifts that are always there too!

I don't think there's been a site giveaway since last year.  We are due for one this summer to keep things interesting on the site.  Stay tuned, more news will be made available when it is available (channeling my inner Dan Quayle).

Edited by Haskell_Hunter
Needed more flair

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

1 hour ago, Kype said:

i have the rain defender hoodies by carharrt. they are good. 

This is literally the nicest hooded sweatshirt that I ever tried on. The quality is immediately apparent and it is comfortable beyond belief.  The NJW&W embroidered logo is squared away as well...

I think (know) that @Haskell_Hunterhas had a bit more involvement than he is leading onto with regard to the design and choice of the item along with the NJW&W admins....;)

Well done indeed. Bring on the fall/cold weather.....

3 minutes ago, DonW said:

Very nice! Love the logo. I know you stated these are giveaway prizes, but do you have future plans on offering these to site members? I would love to sport one around Kansas!

I am sure something can be worked out.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.