IGNORED

With all the mountain lion talk who’s seen them?

On 1/20/2021 at 10:55 PM, 68Ioweu1 said:

Since mountain lions aren’t  a native game species or protected. Aren’t they legal to kill?

The correct answer is yes. Since they are not listed as a species existing in NJ killing one should you happen to have the chance is 100% legal. I got this straight from the at the time Div. F&W Director many years ago.

8 hours ago, Dave B. said:

The correct answer is yes. Since they are not listed as a species existing in NJ killing one should you happen to have the chance is 100% legal. I got this straight from the at the time Div. F&W Director many years ago.

Being that the answer you got was many years ago, that opinion may no longer apply

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Few people around a farm I was hunting had said they saw one.  Then one day I had just put up a little 10' ladder stand on the edge of a swamp, and as I was tying in the top I saw something coming out of the swamp and thought holly crap, face the size of a cougar coming out through the weeds.  Long body, twice the length of any bobcat I've seen, all tan in color, and big ugly face like a bulldogs,  but had ears and tail of a bobcat.  It stood at the bottom of the ladder looking up at me for half a minute, standing next to my pack that had my camera in it.  Would have liked to have gotten a pic to show those who thought it was a cougar.

It's interesting we have two threads going one on bigfoot the other on cougars. The bigfoot thread has some saying he is real. Yet the chance of a eastern cougar roaming through jersey no way that is true. Here we have an animal that we know exists but no way anyone really saw one. And on the other hand a 7 foot tall hairy beast that is more of a mythical creature and he is real lol WTF!

3 minutes ago, hemlock said:

It's interesting we have two threads going one on bigfoot the other on cougars. The bigfoot thread has some saying he is real. Yet the chance of a eastern cougar roaming through jersey no way that is true. Here we have an animal that we know exists but no way anyone really saw one. And on the other hand a 7 foot tall hairy beast that is more of a mythical creature and he is real lol WTF!

If you saw my neighbor’s wife you would believe in 7’, hairy beasts:shock:

5 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

A member here that I respect emailed me photos he believed to be of a mountain lion he captured on trail cam.  It was 100% a coyote in all four photos.  100%

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPECT ....BUT I'LL NEED TO QUESTION YOUR POWERS OF WOODLAND ID's  IF YOU THINK ALL 4 PHOTOS ARE COYOTES YOU HAVE TO TAKE A SECOND LOOK ...AND THIS LEAVES ALL YOUR ABILITIES IN QUESTION.

ANYONE WANTS TO SEE THE 4 PICS CAN SEND ME AN EMAIL ADDRESS TO JHUBERT903@GMAIL.COM

HAD A MEMBER TELL ME I THOUGHT IS WAS A MTN. LION BECAUSE I WANTED TO SEE ONE. WHAT HE DID NOT SAY WAS MAYBE HE DOES NOT SEE ONE BECAUSE HE DOES NOT WANT TO ??

1 minute ago, sxs said:

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPECT ....BUT I'LL NEED TO QUESTION YOUR POWERS OF WOODLAND ID's  IF YOU THINK ALL 4 PHOTOS ARE COYOTES YOU HAVE TO TAKE A SECOND LOOK ...AND THIS LEAVES ALL YOUR ABILITIES IN QUESTION.

ANYONE WANTS TO SEE THE 4 PICS CAN SEND ME AN EMAIL ADDRESS TO JHUBERT903@GMAIL.COM

HAD A MEMBER TELL ME I THOUGHT IS WAS A MTN. LION BECAUSE I WANTED TO SEE ONE. WHAT HE DID NOT SAY WAS MAYBE HE DOES NOT SEE ONE BECAUSE HE DOES NOT WANT TO ??

Post them, I’m sure we would all like to see it!

1 minute ago, Lunatic said:

Post them, I’m sure we would all like to see it!

AS I STATED FROM THE START I WILL NEED TO GET THEM FROM EMAIL TO ZOOM BROWSER ??????? IT WOULD BE A LOT EASIER THAN SENDING THEM OUT BY EMAIL   

2 hours ago, Foggy Mountain said:

They don’t exist in NJ. I’ve seen a couple supposed trail cam pics. Seems I’ve seen the same ones each person got themselves personally somewhere else. The same exact pic. 
All I do is the outdoors and work out. I’m in the woods about every day all year long. 
No one has ever hit one with a car, no coon dog has ever treed one, no one can show me or the state biologists a track. 
There are def misidentifications. There are def outright lies or deceptions, perhaps someone’s brain tricking them. There is also a fellow near me is grandfathered in and has large cats like mountain lions as pets so there is a very occasional chance one could escape. 
Think of all the trail cams, go pros, smart phones, no pics or video recorded. 
Think of all the coon dogs never tree one. All the trappers out all winter when it’s quiet never see a track in the snow. Never has a car hit one. We never find a kill. If so why not call someone to verify it???
I did see one myself last week though. It was chasing the Easter bunny through acme. 
Guys everyone’s imagination gets the best of them. Think about your friends telling you how big the deer they just shot was. You find it and it’s not that big. How bout bears. Everyone has seen an 800 pounder. You know how big that would be? Some of it is want to see it. Some is the brain playing games. Mountain lions do not exist in the state. couple years ago I had this exact discussion with a woman. She said our mayor had his goats surgically attacked by a lion. He’s a cop do he must know. Well he’s a cop not a detective. He’s also not a forensic scientist specializing in bite wounds. If you ask me only a surgeon is capable of a “surgical” attack. I mentioned the brain  thing. We were at an event with lots of people. Told her if I yelled and pointed that I just saw a ufo go into the clouds she could say she saw it too. By tomorrow it’d be in the paper that multiple people said they  saw it too. Everyone needs to be included. Think about something like COVID. How many people state they musta had it in March or something cause they felt so bad. Maybe they did and maybe they didn’t. Why assume of all the diseases it was that though? Inclusion. We could open a gift shop after the paper printed the story in in the ufo capital of NJ and make a million dollars. 
Sounds like lots would buy into it

WHEN SOMEONE MAKES A STATEMENT LIKE THIS IT MAKES ME THINK THE FOG ON HIS MTN. DOES NOT REQUIRE HIM TO GO TO THE WOODS EVERYDAY ITS LEGAL TO SMOKE ON YOUR DECK NOW....LOL

REMEMBER THE STATE AND OTHERS SWORE NO COYOTES IN NJ UNTIL SUDDENLY THERE WAS A HUNTABLE POPULATION....DID THEY ALL SHOW UP ON THE SAMEDAY SAME TRAIN ???

TO SAY SOMETHING YES OR NO LOCKED IN STONE LEAVES YOU OPEN TO BE PROVED A FOOL.... IN THIS WORLD THERE ARE VERY FEW ABSOLUTES

5 minutes ago, LittleM said:

CAN YOU EMAIL THEM TO SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO EXTRACT AND POST THEM HERE?  I AM NOT THAT PERSON........

THAT WOULD WORK AS LONG AS ITS NOT CNN OR MSNBC IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN....LOL