IGNORED

With all the mountain lion talk who’s seen them?

Set-up a corn feeder and trail cam in the woods behind my house. Every day, the squirrels would come at daybreak and be met by a fox, hawk, owl, coyote or some other predator. I was able to get a CLEAR picture every single day (and usually many of them) of the ambush or kill. I'm sure that many on here have similar pics on their trailcams. But still, no clear lion pics?

2 minutes ago, gregtpal said:

The ct cat proves it's possible.  The cat in the pic looks like it has a bobcat tail not a long mtn lion tail.

One lone cat on a long trek from home doesn't make a resident population

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

1 minute ago, NotJust22s said:

I think our new president might disagree with that statement.

And the cat is dead

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

15 minutes ago, 68Ioweu1 said:

Since mountain lions aren’t  a native game species or protected. Aren’t they legal to kill?

Stupido

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

40 minutes ago, gregtpal said:

I doubt many think we could possibly have a resident population in nj but it does prove a sighting is possible.

Possible yes, probable no

I know I will get flamed but I saw one in Cresco PA. Predator hunting for bobcat first year they had tags in long time it was a lottery. Probably 20 plus years ago. I know what i saw and have hunted bobcat in Texas a few times seeing about a dozen bobcats in Texas and as couple in Pa and a couple in West Milford NJ ( bobcats) . A teacher at my kids pre school about a mile away saw it also. He was retired fish and game. Very remote area back then with miles of woods people rarely went that deep in. The only thing stopping that cat from going to NJ was the Delaware river which at times in certain sections you can walk across. I agree there are no resident populations but with the range that a Mountain Lion can have they probably wonder through once in a while. It has been reported a mountain lion could travel 370 square miles. Mercury news article Feb 2018

May 2007, my dad and I were driving down rt. 72 through Barnegat Twp. around 10pm on our way to LBI to fish.  My dad was driving, high beams on, I noticed two glowing eyes in the dark up ahead on the left side of the road, in the edge of the trees behind the shoulder of the road.  It sprang into the middle of the road in front of us, and sprang off and disappeared in another leap.  My dad and I were both silent in disbelief for a moment, then were like, "did you just see what I saw?"  The cat was tawny, no spots, long tail (approx. the same length as the rest of the body), big  (much bigger than the 80lb. lab I had at the time), and was able to jump across rt. 72 in two bounds from standing still.  It could not have been anything but a cougar.