IGNORED

Did I do the right thing

blackpowder

So I don’t usually post just troll. Ha. But seriously I was out with the muzzy on state woods and had a quality buck come in. He was one of two that I had been seeing on camera not sure exactly which one because once I saw the horns I stopped looking for fear I would screw up. Ha anyway he was 15 yrds at the closest behind cedars then 30 yrds behind a bunch of scrub oak approximately 3-5 yrds worth.  He was standing in the red circle broadside. Needed a few more steps for a nice opening. He wheeled and left. To the right no shots. Question- should I have shot or would anyone have shot?

300grain Hornady with 100 grains powder

463AE296-80EF-4E70-B8CB-B725A8A38498.jpeg

If you have to ask, you probably already know the answer.

If you questioned the shot at the time, it probably wasn't a good shot to take.

Also, it looks like you are in a swampy area - if you take a questionable shot (even if you get a hit) and that thing runs even 100 yards (or more!), that's gonna be one difficult drag, if you can even track/find it. Get a good shot in that wet and swampy environment so you get an easy track and drag.

Still a good hunt though! You had a buck within 15 yards. Sweeeeet... Many guys can't even say that.

You did the right thing. If you felt hesitant, it’s better to hold off until you feel you have a clean shot and opportunity to take. Way to do the right thing. Its way better to get a clean shot and clean kill, than force a shot and then realize you might have only wounded the animal and you feel instant regret. Good luck with the rest of the season!