IGNORED

Public service announcement,, what not to do

Booner

I saw the thread , HOW NOT TO GET A MASK. So I figured I'd tell my story and tell you what not to do during a pandemic. 

Sunday morning, cabin fever got the best of us so two of my close buddies and my son go to cut another trail thru Monmouth county briar patch the deer have been sneaking thru. The trails we cut, we cut probably 6-8 trails, give us a quote approach and stand locations. The deer instantly find them and use them immediately. We cut them strategically as to create sanctuaries and play the wind to our advantage. 

In the woods Sunday morning first light. All went very good. We cut the trail we wanted and then a shorter secondary trail. Walking out, all done,it happens. 

We use a Red Max commercial weedwacker with a 10" circular saw blade on it. Walking out I walk passed a little stump in the ground. I look at it and say to myself, dragging a deer out the it's going to hang up on that. Facing the stump sideways I start the Wacker, full throttle and swing to cut the stump at swinging a baseball bat speed. Blade hits the stump,kicks back and straight into my left leg just above the ankle. The instant pain!! Like getting hit with a Mac truck. Then I feel blood filling my boot. I wasn't sure if I hit an artery. I tell my buddy John, take my kid home and tell him I love him. Told my other buddy( we were behind his house) to call his wife and get me some rags. He didn't have his phone on him. They all run out the woods with me hobbling out behind.  I get to the driveway and his wife is already outside. She's a nurse but won't come near me. She working with Covid patients( first I've known of this)

Everybody white as a ghost. My main thing was to calm them and then I hear sirens. EMS pulls up driveway. I tell them just grab the garden house wash it out and grab the duct tape. At this point I was alive and figured can't be Soo bad. 

They cut my boot off and say yeah you taking a ride. They said I had no choice. Told them my reluctance to hospitals at the moment but they said I'm going to Jesrry shore. Not many if any covid there according to them. I don't know?

We arrive there. I never went into the main hospital at first. I was in a trailer turned trauma room. Only one doctor and nurse. They never touch covid patients. I figured clean it out couple stitches and a lolli pop I was going home. After the X-rays, it was a little more serious but not that bad. Orthopedic surgeon comes and does all the little tests. Wiggle toes,move side to side up n down. ALL GOOD!! But it was a 6" long x 2" wide cut and not a clean cut as you can imagine. Plus the blade dirty as hell and cut into the bone center. He said surgery. Basically my calf muscle was cut almost all the way thru and needed to be sewn together, put some goop in the bone but no screws or anything. Staples and stiches and completely cleaned out of bone chips and debris. 

When they brought me from trailer to inside it was just the surgeon. One hallway,one elevator ride up to surgery and straight in. Texted my kids I love them then I told anistegiologist I bet he can't make me sleep. Yeah I lost that one. Woke up two hours later and they already called my wife to grab me. But she was a tad upset with me so my buddy John was already on standby. By the time I got discharge papers he was waiting outside. The nurse wheels me down and to the door. I walk out on crutches and was home in 15. The tongue lashing is for another thread. 

So the moral of the story. Accidents happen within a mile of your house when driving,don't cut stupid shit 200 yrds from the edge of woods when it means nothing. 

IMG_20200405_133343980.jpg

IMG_20200405_110956878.jpg

IMG_20200406_153922082.jpg

Edited by Booner

LET EM GO SO HE CAN GROW