IGNORED

Who's gotten cited from a CO, and why

45 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Me n my lil bro were up off old mine road during 6 day yrs ago.....I was 17 and he was bout 12.....we were walking thru a field and the federal wardens used their vehicles PA system n asked us to turn our backs to them to show our licenses.....which we did....n then they were on their way......but, at 17, i dont think I was old enough to be out there alone w my 12 yr old brother, and they could have ended our day. 

Funny you say this, years back when I still had my learner's permit, I drove to Flatbrook on my own on a Saturday and went pheasant hunting. Still had my youth license at the time. I think back now to what could've happened if things went south.

11 minutes ago, Livesintrees said:

Only on private property from a kitchen or bathroom 

8 minutes ago, Rusty said:

You all complain about Nick Nack but this thread is alive and well without him.  :rofl:

Hey!  I'm good for page views and traffic!  

Legally a CO can't bust you for baiting if they see bait near a house.  They can search private property without a warrant but not near the house.  If they see it near a house they need a search warrant. Because they saw it without a warrant it's an illegal search.

Edited by nickmarch

Nick, I hope you don't mind me using your name when I have jury duty next week. If the judge asks if I know anyone (like the arresting officer, etc) I will say I know Nick through his legal website on NJWW. He specializes in game laws and regulations and getting judges to retire. You think that will help? 

On second thought, I will probably get a couple game violations and lose my hunting priviledge for a couple years. Never mind- I never heard of you. LOL

When I was 16, I was standing in the woods, ears tuned in. I heard something coming from quite a ways off and kept my eyes peeled. From a long ways off, I could see a guy walking through the woods. As he got closer I saw that he didn’t have any orange on and had no gun. Then I could see the uniform. Well, I wasn’t doing anything wrong so I just stood still and he walked up to me and never said hello or how ya doin just, “turn around and let me see your license”. I turned around and he stated that he couldn’t get it out of the holder. Bullshit. So, I unloaded my gun, took my jacket off and took it out of the holder to hand to him. He said” put it away, I can see what I need to see”. He the asked for my ID which I have to him. He checked for the plug in my gun, checked my shells, asked me if I had a knife which I showed him. He gave me shit about pulling out my knife. He said he didn’t ask to see it, just wanted to know if I had one. He then proceeded to check the rest of my shells in my pocket, gave me more shit for jacking my shells out on the ground and told me to hang my jacket on a branch. It was cold and slightly sleeting. I had one a hunter orange sock style hat with about 3/4 inch turned up over my ears. That 3/4 inch was brown as it was a reversible hat. He wrote me a $60 ticket for the hat not being 100% hunter orange. This was like 1979 and $60 to a 16 year old then was a lot of pumping gas. Oh, did I mention that this was the first day of shotgun back when it was a week with a doe day on Monday?  And, I didn’t bow hunt back then so this was basically it because of school until Saturday. He then questioned whether or not I had permission to be where I was. My dad and I posted this ground and had some permission to be there. He said that he would be gracious enough to believe me, gave me the ticket and walked off basically ruining hunting in that part of the woods for the day. Karma got his wise ass though. Later in life he had become a prison guard and got busted screwing some inmate then beating her up and he went to prison. Would have loved to be at his trial to give him a kind send off and tell him that I didn’t think he had enough orange in his new jumpsuit...Since then, never a problem 

1 hour ago, 06roadking said:

When I was 16, I was standing in the woods, ears tuned in. I heard something coming from quite a ways off and kept my eyes peeled. From a long ways off, I could see a guy walking through the woods. As he got closer I saw that he didn’t have any orange on and had no gun. Then I could see the uniform. Well, I wasn’t doing anything wrong so I just stood still and he walked up to me and never said hello or how ya doin just, “turn around and let me see your license”. I turned around and he stated that he couldn’t get it out of the holder. Bullshit. So, I unloaded my gun, took my jacket off and took it out of the holder to hand to him. He said” put it away, I can see what I need to see”. He the asked for my ID which I have to him. He checked for the plug in my gun, checked my shells, asked me if I had a knife which I showed him. He gave me shit about pulling out my knife. He said he didn’t ask to see it, just wanted to know if I had one. He then proceeded to check the rest of my shells in my pocket, gave me more shit for jacking my shells out on the ground and told me to hang my jacket on a branch. It was cold and slightly sleeting. I had one a hunter orange sock style hat with about 3/4 inch turned up over my ears. That 3/4 inch was brown as it was a reversible hat. He wrote me a $60 ticket for the hat not being 100% hunter orange. This was like 1979 and $60 to a 16 year old then was a lot of pumping gas. Oh, did I mention that this was the first day of shotgun back when it was a week with a doe day on Monday?  And, I didn’t bow hunt back then so this was basically it because of school until Saturday. He then questioned whether or not I had permission to be where I was. My dad and I posted this ground and had some permission to be there. He said that he would be gracious enough to believe me, gave me the ticket and walked off basically ruining hunting in that part of the woods for the day. Karma got his wise ass though. Later in life he had become a prison guard and got busted screwing some inmate then beating her up and he went to prison. Would have loved to be at his trial to give him a kind send off and tell him that I didn’t think he had enough orange in his new jumpsuit...Since then, never a problem 

Wow what a J.O. Especially being that you were so young, he could've made your first impression a good one. It's guys like that (few and far between) who give leo a bad name

Years ago by a new CO on refuge property. I was dragging out a nine point for over a mile. He has his truck in the field and watched With his Binos . As it was 60 degrees I took my wool hat off and looped it through my hunting liscense on my back. He drove to me cited for not wearing an orange hat. I appealed it and Won.. I see him still and we have a good relationship..

14 hours ago, Lunatic said:

so many posts a summary is needed:

1. Nick had two friends, :shock:, getting two non-safety violations despite absence of laws to justify it. They both lost their licenses for 5 years, although  it is clear only safety violations end up with 5 year suspension, everything else is a 2 year. :shock:
  2. Nick claims he is not a lawyer and yet he never lost a case, being involve in many.  Haskell asked for docket # s but Nick refused:shock:
  3. Someone posted Nick's letter to some newspaper in which Nick is clearly  whining about the judge spanking him in court  but when asked if this was one of the cases he lost he claimed the following:
  • He won the case
  • He not only won it but his legal brilliance made two consecutive Burlington County Superior Court Judges  actually quit 
  • He told the first Judge in court: that he is a  "corrupt bastard and should be wearing a turban! "That guy quickly retired:shock:
  • After the 2nd judge quit he finally received a notice from the  3rd judge to return to court but Nick wrote back: "go eff yourself", and never went back.
  • And if you look above despite of it all, including the fact he did not go back to court he claims he won the case.:shock:

all this because Nick claims laws Trump regulation so F&G can not make regulations without actual law past by the legislation behind the regulations. Yet F&G in their reply to him and several of us showed actual law, amendment, which clearly gives F&G power and authority to make regulations as they see it fit to protect our natural resources. This one law he does not like so we go around and around arguing the same BS.

I think Nick is a story teller

Are you sure you read that right?  I thought the first judge had his wife bake him a pie too!